Silver vRS GN04 GRF - known car?

teedeeye

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for my poorly 1.9tdi Elegance and have come across the above car offered for sale at a Leicester dealers. Apparently it's had only the one owner from new, so I was wondering if that was you or if you knew who it was?

Externally the car has been slightly modded with some unknown make, satin black five spokes and custom decals. I'm sure someone here must know something of this car - if you think you recognize it, I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by teedeeye

yikes that is tacky... hope you plan to de-sticker :confused:

Don't worry, haven't bought it yet, but rest assured if I do, it'll be de-stickered, de-cheapo wheeled and de-lexus lighted ASAP!!!!! Didn't want to sound too critical of the car to start with in case the owner is known here, but I'm definitely not digging it's present look LOL!

Thats been on Autotrader for quite a while I have seen it when I was looking for mine but didn't go to see it because of the way it looked

You're right, and hasn't been taxed since 16-09-08! Does seem a bit iffy, that's why I was trying to uncover any known history here. Thing is, it wouldn't take much to return it to std, (I can rob std vRS wheels off my present car) and it's CHEAP!

I'm going to try and get to see it tomorrow or Friday, I'll report my findings after that.

I'd be concerned that the way it has been modded will be reflected in the way it has been driven and therefore its future reliability may be questionable. Well more questionable that it already is with a Furby.

I'm hoping to get over to see it this afternoon. Just putting my TDi Elegance back to standard this morning, so I will have a set of vRS wheels available - stickers should come off with gentle heat (maybe).

I admitt that when I saw the ad, I didn't even click to open the details - car just looked too naff. But I'm going with an open mind, it's one owner from new, 70k miles and under £4k, don't know about service history yet.

You never know till you go look.

Fingers crossed it turns out to be a good un.

As you say, wheels can be changed and punted on, and stickers can come off, so i wouldn't be put off by them.

It may well look a little rough if it's been sitting a while too. Depending on if it's moved often etc.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on. :)

Cheers mate - I'll keep you all posted. This isn't just about finding a decent replacement car, I also need to find a dealer prepared to take my old one as PX - X plate, petrol green, biege interior, 150k miles..... and no working PAS!

Still not finished de-funning the TDi Elegance yet either. So far swapped dip and main beam bulbs back, removed Dragon box, PD160 intake, removed my 'personal clutter', washed and vacced... Still got wheels to do and I can't find a std air filter element so will have to leave the K&N - I'm knackered already!

My opinion is someone who has made it look like that probably won't have driven it in the most 'caring' of ways, a sweeping statement i know, but just my opinion, it would put me off.

I would agree with you, I wouldnt have a car that has been done up like that, it doesent guarantee it's been thrashed but I at least think it increases the chances.

When I went to buy my first Fabia it had a Classic FM sticker and a jesus fish sticker on it, played a part in my decision to buy it. Thought it was much less prone to hard driving in the past:D

When I went to buy my first Fabia it had a Classic FM sticker and a jesus fish sticker on it, played a part in my decision to buy it. Thought it was much less prone to hard driving in the past:D

That can go the other way though, after seeing how SWMBO's grandma drove i would be catious of that too, don't think she ever fully took her foot off the clutch, i can smell the clutch smoke now lol

So you guys are sayin, a real minter of a car is driven granny style... yet a dog is thrashed..

Hahaha utter sh**e. My car is in mint condition as I like to keep it that way, yet under that clean exterior I drive it hard sometimes.

As long as you get a year warrenty from the garage or something?? Then does it really matter

As the saying, never judge a book by its cover

Just got back from viewing the car and can report that IMHO it's not worth half the asking price!

Where to start? The paintwork is COVERED in scratches, at least two of the door skins are dented (not dinged), those horrible cheapie wheels are so badly corroded they are fit only for scrap - and several tyres are flat, all four doors show signs of serious water leakage, the drivers seat bolster is worn through, and the seats in general are very tatty, most of the upolstery and trim show signs of mildew, trim is hanging off in the boot, there's a terrible rattle underneath when the engine is switched off and there is absolutely no service history. Other than that, it's a minter:rofl:. Oh and what isn't shown in the photo is that there's another one of those nasty stickers going down one side of the bonnet and they weren't prepared to remove them for fear of paint damage. It had apparently been reduced from £4495 (:eek:) to £3990 and he wasn't going to move much more below that.

On a positive note, he did offer £800 - £1200 for mine PX (with the inoperative PAS), but then it would look like a new car next to that vRS. And on the subject of my broken PAS, it started working on the way back from Leicester!

Well, nothing lost i guess.

Probably only fit to be turned into a nice project...thats about it.

If the price was right, maybe - say £2500 - £3000, but they're adamant they won't drop much under the £3990 asking price. Perhaps if someone tries them again in another few months....?