More suspension problems. Yay!

yegnold

Before I begin...

1. Tyres are at correct pressures (36psi on fronts, 33psi on rears - higher than spec'd but seems the norm around here.. was fine before too)

2. The tyres are Continental SportContacts and are probably 60 or 70% worn.

3. Suspension wise the car is completely standard aside from uprated console bushes (from seat)

Travelling around right handed corners is fine, but when i travel around left handed corners the car feels as if the outside (right hand side) tyres are flat and flexing loads - and I suffer from even more understeer than the car normally does. This isn't necessarily when pushing it either - it even feels strange at more 'normal' road speeds.

Any ideas here? :(

i'm assuming you had full 4 way alignment after the console bushes were fitted ?

what you could have is a difference in camber , between the 2 sides , the subframe with consoles can be fitted slghtly over too one side , this will put more camber on one side than the other , hence less grip/more understeer on the side with the least camber

Thanks. No, I didn't have a full 4 way alignment check done - but the handling was spot on after the console bushes were fitted.

To be honest it might be worth spending the money on a 4 wheel alignment now before I start replacing any bits...

Cheers,

Ed

You didn't damage anything when you did the wheel in on a pot hole Ed??

The only other thing I can think of is maybe one of your shock absorbers is on it's way out - check for leaking and also try 'bouncing' each corner of the car by putting all your weight on it and the releasing your weight very quickly. It should come back to it's original position fairly quickly without it yo-yo-ing up and down.