Cleaned my TB today

You should'nt have to realign it if you don't unplug the multiplug from it :confused:

thats what ive just read from searching so will be wiping it off this weekend. funnily enough i bloody posted in one of them about the same thing! :confused:

Funnily enough I phoned around yesterday asking for throttlebody gasket.....only to be told none in stock or special order.

phoned today with the part number you posted and somehow the 1st dealer appear to have some

Quite wierd since they never had any yesterday :rolleyes:

i cleaned mine without unplugging it, and the car run fine and i havent had any hesitation since. i used a spray can of carb cleaner from halford, made it a 2minute job! i did have it reset with vag com a few weeks later, but the car didnt feel any different

You should'nt have to realign it if you don't unplug the multiplug from it :confused:

Ross-Tech advise it may be required even if the battery is disconnected. Certainly after our Lupo had a flat battery it played up.

I cleaned the Lupo one a month or so back, and it seems to have stopped the occaisional stutter it had.

I used a new seal. Not worth taking the cahnce, even though the old one looked fine.

They don't look that dirty to me, mine had 90k of cack on it and was covered in black sludge, hesitations were present in second. Always nice to do though.

Yeah they don't look too bad, I've seen a few on my travels that are worse :)

They don't look that dirty to me, mine had 90k of cack on it and was covered in black sludge, hesitations were present in second. Always nice to do though.
Yeah they don't look too bad, I've seen a few on my travels that are worse :)

Yeah in fairness it was not too bad, it was replaced 28k ago but for the few quid and 10 minutes it takes to do I thought I might as well :P Going to be venting crankcase breathers to atmosphere as well to prevent oil going through the system in the future but thats more for the intercoolers benefit than the TB.

Ian

Yeah in fairness it was not too bad, it was replaced 28k ago but for the few quid and 10 minutes it takes to do I thought I might as well :P Going to be venting crankcase breathers to atmosphere as well to prevent oil going through the system in the future but thats more for the intercoolers benefit than the TB.

Ian

I do mine every time its serviced just too keep on top of it :thumbup::thumbup:

Like you say it's 10 mins piece of ****:cool:

They all recirculate the crankcase vapour which is what causes the issue so I would say yes. I have now vented mine to atmosphere and sealed off the inlet :P

Ian

I thought the mapping took the crank case venting into account? which is why people run with catchcan mods instead. Is it running OK? have you run any block032 runs?

Running fine, maps don't take account of it as it is unmetered. Intake air is a couple degs cooler now which is good and I know I'm not adding any crud to my intercooler. People run catch cans to catch the oil and most plug their inlet and vent their catch cans to atmosphere anyway.

Ian

Quick question as i did mine today but didnt want to risk pushing the butterfly open to get into the step, would this of been ok?

thanks

I always just open it, I have heard that you shouldn't but mine still works just fine.

I belive a brick on the pedal with the ignition on open it as well although I've never tried this.