Anyone invested in a home alarm and Smart Water recently?

gadgetman

Thinking with all the doom and gloom that crime in the nicer parts are rising.

Home near sister-in-law was broken into with people being very brazen in broad day light, so the neighbours that were in thought some works were being don at the home. They were there for an hour, lifting all the electricals neatly and obv had been studying who was in/out in the street.

So looking to sort our place out, despite neighbours either side being in (retired, and works from home) worth investing in just to be sure?

Thoughts?

As the economic situation worsens crime will no doubt rise. Decent locks will be a deterent, an alarm system would help to put would be intruders off.

Best investment you can make is in fully reinforced, internally beaded, PVCu, doors and windows. Have a 6.3mm laminated outer pane on the glass and a 4mm internal pane. Get hingbolts on everything that opens and multpoint locks with shootbolts.

If anyone gets through that lot without a **** load of noise and some serious injury to themselves then they probably deserve what they got.

An alarm can be worth it, especially one where you can have a all on or doors and windows only setting. This means you can set it when you go to bed, such that if anyone comes in downstairs and night the alarm will go off.

Get some dogs! best alarms ever and all you have to do is feed and walk them and they wag thier tails when you come home too!

But think of the irony if you're done over while walking the dogs....

:D

An alarm can be worth it, especially one where you can have a all on or doors and windows only setting. This means you can set it when you go to bed, such that if anyone comes in downstairs and night the alarm will go off.

I have someone on the case who works for an alarm co. :thumbup:

Door's already internally beaded, and I think has the glass you mention.

Our local PCSO's came down the street handing out Smart Water for free.

I'm trying to get my hands on some from my tame copper. I think he's struggling as they have limited stock for hotspot areas, so if every copper asks for a bottle...... :(

Smar****er 's a good idea ,but even better if you've got some official signs up . Again setting up/joining a neighborhood watch scheme works too ,and the signs can persuade theives to go elsewhere (or so our Beat bobby told us soon after we got both )

Do you have the alarm system sorted?? I recently fitted my own so could advise on that.

I bought a professional unit not one of these micky mouse kits from the DiY stores. Didn't cost a lot to be honest.

Do you have the alarm system sorted?? I recently fitted my own so could advise on that.

I bought a professional unit not one of these micky mouse kits from the DiY stores. Didn't cost a lot to be honest.

Problem is how much notice will be taken of it (unless there's an active Neighbourhood watch scheme )

Used to see them flashing away when taxi driving -usual response from police "we know "