Why do i have a problem with camber!

what sus have you got. i was thinking of geting some of theres but am using fk coilovers and didnt think thay would fit

I have them on just some cheap V-maxx coilovers, but check the diameter on your top suspension coil, as the cup on my top mounts were 60mm and my coils diameter 80mm so had to purchase new coils. PITA

If eccentric top mounts are a no go the the only other method economically feasible would be the camber adjustment bolts ala H&R's solution below (there may be other manufacturers available but these were the first decent ones I came across!):

From H&R Website:

"H&R Triple C Eccentric Systems

triple_c_diagram.jpg

tripple-c.jpg

Precise camber settings are an integral part of any performance suspension. H&R’s Triple C Eccentric System uses a pair of specially-designed eccentric bolts that replace the original upper fastening bolts on all McPherson strut applications with bracket fixation.

A simple turn of the bolts allows adjustments of +/-3 degrees for precise camber settings. In Germany, the supplied TÜV certificate makes the individual homologation of the H&R Eccentric System a snap.

Whenever you lower a vehicle's ride height, negative camber is increased, how much depends on the vehicle and the reduction in ride height. H&R's new Triple C camber adjusters are a simple, yet very effective means of removing excessive camber, adjusting your vehicle's camber settings, or even correcting small side-to-side camber variations for precise alignment.

Consisting of a pair of specially-designed bolts, H&R's patented Triple C camber adjusters replace the original upper fastening bolts on all McPherson strut applications. As the bolt is turned, a small cam eccentric alters the vehicle's camber, allowing adjustments from 0-3 degrees, positive or negative. Installation takes only minutes with readily-available hand tools, and benefits include increased tire life, improved tracking and the ability to dial in more camber for weekend track events. Quite simply, H&R's Triple C camber adjusters are a great value. No other single suspension modification can yield such impressive results with such a small investment in time and money-and you can do it yourself."

If those bolts as illustrated can actually achieve a range of 6 degrees between limitting values, it's not unreasonable to think that a suspension that was right on the negative limit originally, and then lowered, could finish up with significantly too much negative camber (remember that the manufacturer's settings are a compromise, and one of the parameters considered is differential tyre wear across the tread width).

I can't speak for the above bolts as I've never had them but do have a similar product from Regal Autosport that I use on my Nova. I run AVO's on that and have them quite low which resulted in excessive wear on the inside edge of my front tyres. The bolt kit required enlarging the top strut mounting hole to accommodate the eccentric washer but was not a problem to do (especially since the kit came with a suitable drill bit tool).

After fitting them and adjusting by eye I went to my local tyre place and got the car on their laser alignment machine. They were nice enough to leave me alone for 10-20 mins and adjust the settings by myself whilst checking the reading from the machine. I was able to adjust the camber perfectly to what I wanted and in turn made a massive improvement to tyre wear and more importantly the handling/feel of the car.

I was saying that this product strongly suggests that the OP's problem is that he's now running excess negative camber for tyre wear. If the product works as described, it would allow you to correct this. I take it you agree then, at least in principle since neither of us have used the H&R product?

I've got a big problem with too much positive camber on my rear passenger side wheel, sitting at -1.07 when it should be -1.20 to -1.40 the other side sits at -1.38.

Fronts are -1.10 and -1.22 so not too bad I suppose wearing quite even but the rear left is wearing badly on outside :( bloody shims needed

I was saying that this product strongly suggests that the OP's problem is that he's now running excess negative camber for tyre wear. If the product works as described, it would allow you to correct this. I take it you agree then, at least in principle since neither of us have used the H&R product?

Yeah I'll agree to agree :rofl: I just didn't exactly follow your original post!

Am i right in saying on a fabia the shock sits in a cup so, how wud u make the bolts fit around these?

Yes, unfortunately you are completely correct there - so they are no use with this car. Probably need a completely re-designed pair of TCAs and lower swivel - or an adjustable top mount - but I think that that has been covered elsewhere and the top mount solution currently does not exist yet - well not for dropped suspension anyway it seems, which is not good as its mainly cars with dropped suspension that need the camber corrected and maybe beyond what the manufacturer has allowed for.

The moral of the story, leave it standard and avoid the problems and hiked insurance. If you want a mental car, buy one designed that way. I have seen cars modified so badly they are extremely dangerous.

There may also be a shock on it's way from the EU. Modified cars may fail the MOT unless it can be proved [a] the parts used are TUV approved and fitted by a proper garage. Will post more information as it comes in.

I phoned Sarah at Awesome last friday about this, she's doing alot of digging with companies and even trying to get something sorted in-house at Awesome,

Any news Sarah?

Hi

Yes , I have researched the bolts.......no go!!!

Sorry

Had a word with Jim

My car is in for a service next week , and maybe a bit further development will be done on my car when it is in for a service on Tuesday

I have checked for allsorts actually on the day of the first phone call

I dug up quite a bit of info......got nowhere

So I have been nagging , just like a proper woman

Maybe a step further on Tuesady!!

Sarah