Compatible phones

Just ordered a new superb elegance and I’m about to change my mobile phone. Does anyone know if the Blackberry Storm or Iphone is compatible and if not, any recommendation on a phone that will access e-mails and is compatible? (These phones are not mentioned in the most recent catalogue).

Thanks

Not aware that anyone has got either of those working with the Columbus.

Pretty much ANY Nokia seems to work, and depending on what HTC model you have (and which provider) a lot of those do too.

As said, you need your phone to be RSAP compatible in order to work properly with the "premium" bluetooth. You can find it at some VW or Audi serious forums.

* Nokia 3250, 6021, 6103, 6111, 6125, 6131, 6230, 6230i, 6233, 6234, 6270, 6280, 6810, 6820, 6822, 7280, 8800, Communicator 9300, Communicator 9300i, Communicator 9500 (Software 5.22) E50, E60, E61, E70, N71, N73, N80, N91, N92, N93, N95

* BenQ-Siemens C81, CL71, CX75, E71, EL71, M75, M81, S65, S68, S75, SK65, SL75, SP65

* T-Mobile MDA Pro, MDA Compact II, MDA Vario II and I

* O2 XDA Trion

* HTC TyTN

* Vodafone VPA III compact

Mobile phones NOT compatibles with SIM Access Profile:

* T-Mobile SDA, SDA Music, SDA II, O2 XDA Neo, XDA I, II(i), III

* Nokia 6310(i), N70

* BenQ-Siemens EF81, EF91, S55, S81, SL55, SL65, SL91, SXG75

* Qtek 8310

* All Sony-Ericsson models

* All Motorola models

* All Samsung models

* All LG Electronics models

* All Panasonic models

* All Philips models

* All Sagem models

* All Blackberrys

* Apple iPhone

Hope this helps ;)

Rizla_O I have a 170bhp Elegance for the last 2-3 weeks and the BB Storm phone connected with the Columbus no problem.

I had a little issue the first time creating the profile in the MFD. But I deleted it on the MFD and from the Bluetooth devices on the phone and started again. 1 thing once you connect it will copy all your contacts from the BB which for me was apporx 1000 and took about 5 mins. I have setup the Headunit with speed dials have all the menus, missed / received calls etc with not one glitch of any sort. As the columbus has its own phone and uses your BB SIM I have noticed a huge increase is coverage.Its like the old days with a cradle built in car kit. The one downside is that while the car has control of your phone your BB is technically turned off so its not receiving any email. (Correct me if Im wrong anyone). Text messages appear on the MFD on the dash no problem either. Beats all my previous kits hands down for BB Storm compatibility, Address book management, text messages and most of all coverage....

D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It wont seem to recognise my n95 says its not compatible , it paired to my wifes 6500 without any problems , any ideas??

It wont seem to recognise my n95 says its not compatible , it paired to my wifes 6500 without any problems , any ideas??

ahh sorted it my phone didnt have the Remote sim access on

• 2 months later...

The HTC s710 connects but won't download phonebook on the car. Sometimes it says that it is not compatible. The phone has rSap, so what they say that any phone that has rSap is compatible is INCORRECT. Do search a lot before buying a new phone.

That is awful. Only some of my contacts can fit in the sim card... I will try to insert the most important numbers on the sim card and see if that works. My brother has a 3 years old Nokia and it will connect in not time and download all the contacts from the phone memory.. I am disappointed.

I know it's rubbish I have the same phone branded as an Orange SPV and not only did I have to crack the software to install RSAP as Orange saw fit to remove it when they branded the phone, my previous phone an HTC Tytn II worked fine out the box.

PIty it's company supplied or I'd have binned it by now. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Nokia but it needs full MS Exchange/ActiveSync support which I'm not sure if Nokia have implemented yet.

I have just got a Superb and suspected that I might have problems with the phone connection. My HTC Touch can turn on rsim and connect with the car OK. Cannot load phone book. Loaded my sim until it was full and those contacts are in the system somewhere as the caller ID works for those numbers. However the phone book cannot be used for those numbers as the display keeps coming up " phone book unavailable". I am going to try installing my SIM into a Nokia to see if that will load the phonebook. I can only get 250 numbers on the SIM though. It is a pity that this is a problem as the Columbus built in phone is very good with excellent reception and easy to use with the scrolling feature for missed calls etc. With the speed mobile phone technology changes Skoda are going to have to address this. I would like to get an I Phone but not until this is sorted. Thanks to all on this forum for exchanging information.

Regards Tim

Suner, as mentioned above I have the BB Storm which has rSAP and works with the columbus. There are a few little issues.

1: Repeated connection from car to the BB (say 3-4 in a row) will cause the connection to eventually fail. (you have to pop the battery to get it going again). I have the phone set to restart every night and the connection in the morning works no problem, unless you are in and out of the car all day then it will fail eventually. (Note- I havent heard others mention this and is my experience but is accurate and repeatable.)

2: When the phone is connected the BB is virtually off so you will not receive any emails on the BB and they will not appear in the MFD. (dont know if email comes through on other handsets while connected to the columbus). This can be a pain if you are waiting for an email and on a long journey. Text messages will apear on the MFD no problem.

3: Phone book updates no problem but its a manual process through the MFD menu.

Hello all

I'm from Brussel. My new Superb 3.6 V6 arrive in next 3 (maybe 4) weeks.

I have iPhone 3G (system 3.0) but it not working with Columbus/gsmIII.

So, i must change my phone to better one (smaller and lightest) ;)

Does anyone know if a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic or Nokia 7210 Supernova

is fully compatible with the Columbus/GSMIII?

I searched forum but nothing found.

Best regard's

Piotr

Edited by malypb
small mistake in phone name

Suner, as mentioned above I have the BB Storm which has rSAP and works with the columbus. There are a few little issues.

1: Repeated connection from car to the BB (say 3-4 in a row) will cause the connection to eventually fail. (you have to pop the battery to get it going again). I have the phone set to restart every night and the connection in the morning works no problem, unless you are in and out of the car all day then it will fail eventually. (Note- I havent heard others mention this and is my experience but is accurate and repeatable.)

2: When the phone is connected the BB is virtually off so you will not receive any emails on the BB and they will not appear in the MFD. (dont know if email comes through on other handsets while connected to the columbus). This can be a pain if you are waiting for an email and on a long journey. Text messages will apear on the MFD no problem.

3: Phone book updates no problem but its a manual process through the MFD menu.

I have the same issues with the BB8900, sometimes the connection just fail, remove and reinstall the battery solves the problem. And of course there is no e-mail reception while it is connected...

Anyway, there is an option in the BB kit where I can setup the Internet access point. Any idea why? :)