Rear Parking Sensors

Dear briskodians,

I know that I had a post before regarding the parking sensors but this is more, lets say in depth...

This is getting stupid, the whole thing...what?? £77.60 + VAT for 1 parking sensor...MADNESS!!

For those who are wondering, you can unplug the rear parking sensors without taking the bumper off, done it last night, checked connectors and put them back in. So easy to do.

Could someone tell me how could I check each sensor so I can find the faulty one? Been reding around and in one post someone suggest: Turn the key until electrics on then engage reverse, that's when they should start beeping individually like a test mode. That doesn't work for me...when doing this on my Superb it just goes short beep then followe by a long 3 seconds beep, then nothing. Same with engine running. (Beep.Beeeeeeeeeep)

Is there any cheaper sensors that would fit that sleeve, plug and voltage???

Cheers!!

I've found that if the controller goes beepSQUEAL then it shuts down all the sensors and you cant hear which one is defective.

The best way to read it is grab a £12 vag-com lead off ebay and use vagcom in shareware - it'll tell you exactly which sensor to change.

(You'll quickly find you want to upgrade to the full version, but it's expensive to grab a real lead...)

Apparently replacement passat sensors come up all the time on ebay and usually go for about £10-15 a shot :)

Are these going to fit??

Parn number 7ho 919 275c

vw / audi / skoda parking sensors genuine 7ho 919 275c on eBay, also, Volkswagen, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Mar-09 21:04:12 GMT)

They look the same but not the same part number... :confused:

Got the ideaof the C and B. "C" it's the ouside of the bumper(corners) and "B" middle 2.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.superb-combi.de/infos/index.htm&ei=cbGuSYiCGuKHjAeK--GkBg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D3U0%2B919%2B275%2BB%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

3U0 919 275 B PDC-Sensor, aussen (2x) PDC sensor, the outside (2x) 104,84 104.84 Euros

3U0 919 275 C 3U0 919 275 C PDC-Sensor, innen (2x) PDC sensor inside (2x) 104,84 104 Euros

Still, the part numbers from VW different to Skoda's

Edited by atanase

I found my OBD II interface that I tried using on my Passat, and got it all working on my Rock laptop with Vista installed, all I need to do is plug it into the car. Is the socket under the hand breake like it used to be on the Passat??

I have a faulty one as well, but I know which one it is. The faulty one seems to be moving inwards.

But I can't figure out how to acces it. Maybe I am just stupid, but I hope someone would be able to put up some infos on how to access them best without taking the whole thing apart. If someone is doing it right now some pictures would be much appreciated. :thumbup:

hi guys, thanks for the replys. Here is the error I get:

Monday, 09 March 2009, 18:42:15

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 3U0 919 283 A

Component and/or Version: Einparkhilfe V001

Software Coding: 01114

Work Shop Code: WSC 00028 1 Fault Found: 01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid: Rear Right (G206)

29-00 - Short to Ground ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by atanase

Do the Passat sensors fit? What is the part number, I know that the ones I have fitted finish with a B.

From experience, No, I bought a Passat sensor of E-bay and the number was essentially the same appart from there were a couple of letters different, I just presumed this was because it was for a VW and it would still be the same, How wrong I was, the Passat sensor I got is short and fatter, so no chance of it fitting.

I have since been able to get a correct sensor and fitted it which has sorted the long beep problem, fortunately I didnt have to pay the extortionate £77+, £77+ less to be precise, thanks god, Make you wonder how these companies make a complete retro fit kit for £40!!!

Hmm, bugger I thought the passat ones fitted. At least you found out now though.

Short to ground usually means an internal fault in the sensor - I was getting the same code on mine. To test it, simply unplug the sensor in question, reset the codes and see if it suddenly starts reporting open circuit.

These bloody sensors are driving me around the bend!!!!

I have an extended warrenty with the car and the warrenty company tell me the sensors are covered! Great you think.

I got a dealer friend to print out a diagnosis from VAG-COM. right rear sensor fault showed.

My fathers Garage changed the sensor and guess what its still showing faulty and now the left centre is showing "short to ground"

God is there now end to this crap system.

Back to the warrenty company to see what can be done. Can this be a faulty module unit??? Anyone? Anyone? help

What "Short to Ground " means? is it a wire or the sensor is gone?

Electrically "Short to Ground" means that the positive has in some way come in contact with the neutral/earth causing a short circuit, Ground being another name for the earth, but as a car does have earths it would have to be the neutral,

All these sensors failing and we blame the sensors, how do we know it's not the unit that burns the sensors out? I mean, is anyone here that had a Superb with factory fitted sensors that never had a problem with the parking sensors?

All these sensors failing and we blame the sensors, how do we know it's not the unit that burns the sensors out? I mean, is anyone here that had a Superb with factory fitted sensors that never had a problem with the parking sensors?

That's an interesting theory, most of them seem to fail with a short to earth so I suppose it's technically possible.

However everyone on here I've seen with sensors has had a problem with them at some point, although clearly the only time someone would post about it is when they're going wrong... so the data's probably slightly skewed.

I mean, is anyone here that had a Superb with factory fitted sensors that never had a problem with the parking sensors?

I couldn't possibly say as i don't want to tempt fate!

BTW mine is almost 5 years old now :thumbup:

O.K. I've done it, went to Skoda Stealer and got a sensor. They said that they have all the same part number(really?), I thought side ones have a different part number to the middle ones. I will try fit it tonight(I work nights..:D) or tomorrow. It did cost just over £79 inc. VAT, not £88 inc. VAT as they told me over the phone.

Fingers crossed ..:D

My drivers side corner sensor appears to be faulty and have had a quick look under the bumper but I can't see how I get to the sensor as there is some kind of plastic covering between the bumper and the underneath of the car, does this need to be removed ? Has anyone got a step by step guide for getting a parking sensor out ?

thanks

My drivers side corner sensor appears to be faulty and have had a quick look under the bumper but I can't see how I get to the sensor as there is some kind of plastic covering between the bumper and the underneath of the car, does this need to be removed ? Has anyone got a step by step guide for getting a parking sensor out ?

thanks

You have to lie on the floor under the rear bumper, reach up behind the bumper and work by touch... on both of the cars I've worked on there was no cover under the car? You've got to get the sensor out of one of these: IMG_9572.jpg The long bit on the bottom is level horizontally so you've got one clip above and one below to lift off with a fingertip!

thanks

Thats the same as the one that failed on mine, unlike the other sensors that are accessable from behind the bumper to get to this sensor you have to remove the plastic cover on this side, it is simple just need a Torx driver and I beleive a 10mm nut spinner/ socket drive, once removed its the easist sensor to get too, when you put your hand up you will feel (as per the prevoius replies picture) a fixing top and bottom of the sensor, these can be flicked of with one hand and the sensor pulled out of the bumper, the removal of the plug is a bit trickier, I used a torch to make it easier to see what i was doing, you'll with see a catch in the middle of the plug, pull the catch towards the cable with you finger nail and this should release the plug, I managed to get both hands up there which made this abit easier. new sensor just plugs straight in and just pushes into the bumper, takes about 30 seconds to fit the new one!.

Hope this helps