Anyone Experienced Any Problems-Fabia vRS-Over Three Years Old?

Anyone Experienced Any Problems-Fabia vRS-Over Three Years Old?

I have a friend that is interested in getting a second hand Fabia vRS.

The reason he wants one-he absolutely loves my vRS.

I have had for nearly 3 years. Touch wood trouble free!

Has anyone with a Fabia vRS which is over three years old had any trouble with their car?

I cannot really vouch for mine as it is less than three years old!

Or are there any things he may need to watch out for?

Cheers Guys:)

mines an 04 and have leaking door seals, now have a leaking boot seal, had to have an engine mount replaced, and have various rattles. Other than that all seems fine, again, touch wood!

2004/04 60k - owned since December 2007 and done 33k. I've suffered leaky rear door seals, crap console bushes, worn anti roll bar drop links, reverse lights stopped working due to snapped wire, alternator light stopped illuminating on dash due to snapped wire, maf sensor went faulty and needed to be replaced.

Anything else has either been my fault (Driving through pot holes) or general wear and tear (tyres, services etc)

Very happy with the car overall!

Had mine since new in 2004:

Rear anti roll bar bush

Turbo & intercooler

Console bushes may need doing soon...

82,000 miles, no other problems

Mine doesn't appear to have any invoices etc from having either of these done, might they need looking at at my current mileage (60k)? Are there any tell-tale signs that they have gone?

Mine doesn't appear to have any invoices etc from having either of these done, might they need looking at at my current mileage (60k)? Are there any tell-tale signs that they have gone?

I think you get a knocking from the front suspension when going over speed humps etc when the console bushes have gone/going and my roll bar bush was picked up on the MOT, I didn't notice it was gone.

I don't think there is a time limit for them, they just go when they want, but I wouldn't worry unless you hear noises ot they pick it up onthe MOT, which i think they may do on my MOT in October this year.

EDIT:

The bump stops have become detached on the rear shocks both sides so that's a job for a weekend soon.....

Also, car is totally standard...

Edited by Conshine

2004 / 53 plate on 89,000 miles. Car is standard.

Apart from replacing serviceable items such as brakes and cambelt etc, it's only needed new console bushes and front n/s wheel bearing.

Jobs still to do: re-seal rear doors due to water ingress, new rear wiper jet / motor. Will do these when the weather gets better / when i can be @rsed.