First Skoda Lovin it

After being a Vauxhall driver for the last 15 years.first it was the 1.7 cavalier (Isuzu) did 250,000 miles in that. Then came a Vectra 20.di 16v did 235,000 in that one .Both great reliable durable cars.Then came the astra 1.7 cdti sri ,ever bought the wrong car I broke every rule in the used car buyers book when I bought this one I was desperate to get another car and just threw myself at it,anyway only lasted 12 months with this one.Bought the Skoda Octavia 1.9 Ambient last week in silver I love this car .I should have had one a long time ago I hope it can stand beside the first 2 as above , it is very refined and comfortable ,goes like a train excelent mpg we are just bonding at the moment but so far so good .Its a great car.

Edited by delta 1646
error

I don't care what anyone says, the 1.7TD Isuzu lump in the Cavalier was an absolute cracker, also found in the Astra TDS. The Vauxhall derived 1.7TD engine however was ****.

Glad you are enjoying the Skoda :thumbup:

I don't care what anyone says, the 1.7TD Isuzu lump in the Cavalier was an absolute cracker, also found in the Astra TDS. The Vauxhall derived 1.7TD engine however was ****.

Glad you are enjoying the Skoda :thumbup:

I agree The Isuzu engine was great. But I've got an Astra (V regd) with the Vauxhall 1.7td thats done 228,000miles and its still going strong.Even still has its original turbo on it ! Wonder if my Octavia will last this well ?

Me too drove a 1.7TD Isuzu in my old Astra (75CV, I think).

It was as calm as possible :) but it used almost no diesel, indeed, and reliable (only major issue was an alternator fault).

I had "Cavaliers" (including one Mk 2 Opel Manta) from the first 1900 Mk 1 up to the last pre-Vectra Cavalier SRi. The latter (130 bhp) was reckoned one of the best 8 valve engines of the day, and I'd agree.

When they changed to the first Vectra, I so hated the weird side mirrors that I changed, first to Rover coupes (second one was a real lemon) then to a Primera GT, which Nissan then altered to the ghastly French shape and dropped the GT engine, so then to my first Skoda - Octy Mk1 vRS. Must have been a good idea as I'm now on my 3rd Octavia!

Had a late model Cavalier 1.7TD for 14yrs ,140,000 miles & apart from a brake servo failure @2k miles & a dead immobiliser @102k miles it was the most reliable motor I ever owned. When it's time came, went to two Vauxhall dealers & basically said give me a deal on a new equivalent Vectra & a hot(ish) hatch for Mrs Cavdad. Neither of the two dealerships could be bothered to get me a car to the spec I wanted & didn't even ask for my details, So off we went to see what Mr Skoda could offer as we had never considered buying a Skoda. Best move we ever made. Could not be happier with either of the two motors we bought. Sure puts the fun back into driving

thanks for all your replies guys,obviously the cavalier with the isuzu left a mark on quite a few of you too, I went up hill down dale all over the place in that car and it was unbelievable it just went on ,relentless ,I once went through a flood in wales with the water 3quarters up the doors for half a mile and it just came out the other side ,while everyone else Broke down .The horn sounded a bit dodgy for a while after wards that was it.What a car.Any how the skoda is still getting plent of use ,enjoying it.