Carbon fibre engine covers - update

NFox

well heres some pictures of the work hes done and also a link to his site to see the specification of the carbon and what not.

www.detailerz.co.uk

I've shown him pictures of the engine cover and so on and he thinks they will be about £65 a piece.

picture078.jpg

1616venginecover.jpg

1616venginecover2.jpg

dscf0728l.jpg

So would anyone be interested? If so could we get a list of names so i can propose it to him and obviously the more interest generally the cheaper they can be made!

Please also note I'm just a middleman and therefore hold no responsibility in any transactions that may take place in the future and after I have shown the interest to the supplier it will be down to you to contact them and purchase as require etc etc!!

regards

Nick

I Just had my engine cover off and realised underneath their is a spair oil cap that fits on without the engine cover!!!!!!!

Are you supposed to use that if you don't want the engine cover on or is it for something else. I dont fancy it popping off.

If anyone here has one of these and has a decent (not worn) old style engine cover I would be interested in taking it off your hands... mine has worn a little and doesn't fit snugly anymore :(

Right there is deffinately demand then it seems! I have forwarded the link to this thread to the guy that would be doing the work and see if we can get a prototype made up :thumbup: Ill keep you updated :)

Right just ben on the phone to the man in the know, Will be sending my cover up to him tommorow so he can have it moulded etc. He's told me that the soundproofing will not come with the new cover so it will be a case of transferring it from your old cover.

Any other questions or requests please don't hesitate to ask and i will forward them on and get you an answer if i don't all ready know!

• 4 months later...