Did nobody watch it? (Bahrain GP)

steve75

I just finished watching it :rofl: (work weekends :( )

Jenson was spot-on again, but if Toyota had not put Trulli onto the harder tyre for the 2nd stint, it would have been far closer. There was not much to choose between Button, Trulli and Vettel today IMO.

Good to see new names up at the front and taking their opportunity, some good racing going on out there this season!

I watched it as always. Jenson did well as they were concerned about overheating. Toyota were not as good as they had hoped & Mclaren seem to be moving forward, but BMW !!! they've got problems.

Last season loads of people were posting on F1, when Mclaren & Ferrari were at each others throats. Were have all the Ferrari fans gone?

Much as I enjoy F1, and this season especially so with Brawn and Red Bull setting the pace. Due to work commitments I had to decide, Castle Coomb on Saturday OR watch F1 on Sunday... Castle Coomb yesterday won the day :)

Watched it and am wondering whether Murray's comment of years ago about whoever wins at Adelaide wins the championship will be true. If that's the case, we've another British champ on the way.

Watched it - enjoyed the first 10 minutes but the rest was somewhat boring - nowhere near enough overtaking for my liking ;)

I did really like the little bit where Barrichello was frustrated and kept trying to overtake the guy in front of him (name escapes me), though

With Ross Brawn calling the tactics, a great car, and great drivers, they'll do very well.

The only real threats up till now are Redbull and Toyota. But once the new packages come out, someone will rise up, and others always get it so wrong.

Spain and Monaco will set the real scene for the rest of 09.

Watched it as always via Sky+ after coming home from work - time lapsed by

90 minutes.

Good result for the Button despite the worry of the Merc engines overheating. Rubens might have scraped a podium spot if not for that 3 stop strategy.

Excellent coverage by the Beeb as per usual.

Martin Brundle = legend :D

Not as much red button variety as usual, presumably due to the other sports on the go at the same time.

I watched it as always. Jenson did well as they were concerned about overheating. Toyota were not as good as they had hoped & Mclaren seem to be moving forward, but BMW !!! they've got problems.

Last season loads of people were posting on F1, when Mclaren & Ferrari were at each others throats. Were have all the Ferrari fans gone?

I'm still here! There is a Ferrari badge tattooed on my heart...... But, i have to admit..... I'm enjoying the shuffled pack! It's made for some half decent races so far and it's nice when the British win. :thumbup:

However, i could never root for anybody in mclaren overalls..... Never gonna happen...... :rotz:

Unlike some Ferrari fans though, i do think i look at things a bit more objectively (or at least i trie to), and fully believe, as much as it pains me to say, that hamiltons penalties last season for some great overtaking were just wrong, if only for the good of the sport....... It was the best few laps of racing we had seen in years and then it was all ruined........ but lets not drag that all up again! :D

The sooner Hamilton see's sense and gets himself some nice red overalls the better :P

Though..... if alonso ends up there as rumoured, it might not be a good idea........

Edited by steve75

If McLaren get banned from F1 at Wednesday's hearing with FIA Hamilton will probably find a get out clause in his contract & cross the pond to race in Indy for the rest of the year. Then return to a top team in F1 for 2010.

Vettel could have got a lot closer if Hamilton hadn't held him up at the beginning

If KERS is supposed to use "stored energy" - how come they're allowed to use it right from the beginning?