130tdi

To save trawling through everything what does the 130tdi come in, through the range

Classic ambient or L@k, and what problems are associated with them as SWMBO is wanting to change her 130 tdi superb for 1 but needs a bit more boot space, and to tow the house on wheels

Agreed, but I'd have thought a Superb would have much the same boot space?

That's its only downfall, due to the rear window boot access is limited, if you had 3 of them large suit cases you can only get 2 of them in, the new hatchback has solved that problem but we would have to wait for the prices to come down a lot

Anyone know where we might find one of the last ones?? have tried auto trader

The elegance definitely had a 130bhp 1.9TDi engine with 6 speed box option. If you get a later one on 04/54 plate then Skoda put some extra upgrades on these to try and get rid of the old stock. e.g. Black Leather heated seats

Several problems come to mind from my past experience of owning one, CD changer packing up, rear washer leaking into the wiper motor and causing it to jump to life by itself, also the demist function on the climatronic for the front windscreen being pants (not a fault, just bad design). Also the 1.9Tdi lump takes ages to warm up on a cold morning.

Agreed, but I'd have thought a Superb would have much the same boot space?

IMO the Superb's boot size is more sensible than the Octavia (which is far too big most of the time) at the price of rear leg room.

There is also nothing wrong with the 110, it will probably be more economical than the 130 also (my 110 Elegance Octavia never dropped below 60 MPG average, whereas i struggle to get 50 MPG average out of my 130 Superb).

re tdi

I have a 03 130 tdi elegance estate 6 speed.( Bags of room)Check out the vnt turbo is not sticking.Put it under load going up a steep hill in 6th and see if it goes into limp home mode.

cliver

My one is a 130 pd with 136 BHP as standard Elegance 6 speed on a 54 plate , and even on a brisk drive of 50 miles i can get near to 58 mpg . , check the turbo , full service history .