Fastest car you have seen use its power on the road?

Just saw this thread, searching for another I read.

Years back saw a TVR Cerbera at the traffic lights in newcastle. It had to do a hard right turn onto the main road through Jesmond.

It was raining slightly.

Right filter came on, TVR reved it's engine, TVR did a 180 degrees and ended up pointing the wrong way half way across the junction, VERY near to the stationary oncoming traffic.

Guy looked sheepish as did his gf.

When the first Vectra was launched in 96?, they had a launch day at Silverstone which I managed to attend. Was a nice summers day IIRC.

Along with all the other cool stuff, in the airfield was a TVR Tuscan Challenge. Basically fastest won an SRI. My brief consisted of "plant it, reach the blue cone up there, lift accelorator, spin wheel, when you see the orange cone, plant it again. Ready, steady, GO!" :confused::eek:

Doing a 90 degree turn after a ton was very very exciting for a 18 year old and a licence for just under 3 months! :D

Quad bikes, carting, skid car (on trolley thingy), reversing HGV... it was a great day thanks to some spam post I nearly binned!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vauxhall Monaro VXR being chased by Police bmw 5 series, in the space on 150mph on the M56.

and another was when I underestimated a chav in a black mk1 corsa, full car aswell, and he left me like I was standing still. turned out to have 250bhp. In something that weighs about the same a wheelybin!!!!

Had a AUDI A4 paying close attention to my bumper as i came up to lights. I assumed it was a rep with a TDI. put the boot down to the next set of lights before the motorway. mmmmm stayed with me. so at the next lights i moved over and seen it was a RS4. i gave it all from the lights but he just left me sitting there,might as well been pushing the car. Sounded lovely and must have had some work done.

There's an insane (and presumably very rich) asian kid in Luton who drives a Ferrari 355 like a loony around the town. It sounds gorgeous, but he's going to be spread all over the road one of these days.

Otherwise, I was heading for the channel tunnel early one Saturday Morning on the M20, when I was passed by the members of a supercar club on the way to a weekend in France. two Zondas, a DB9 and a GT3.

It sounded like a low level bombing run by Lancasters. I almost wet myself. Estimated speed? No idea, but my 90 in the Signum looked like reverse.

Phil

Crossfire on the M3, I was doing 'the national limit' as he approached, I moved into the middle lane and the damn thing was gone..complete with two lines of flames on the ground as the flux capacitor chugged into action, it seemed :D

Quite deceptive, I didn't think they were much cop, TBH

When I was 19 I went to a classic car meet with my Dad at the aces cafe in London. Was blown away with all of the cars there and went away grinning from ear to ear. So Dad and I go back in my Rover 214Si and go towards the traffic lights next to the Aces cafe that lead on to the dual carriage way from there.

In front of us was a Supercharged 6lt V8 Ultima GTR I had been lusting after when looking around with howitzer exhaust pipes and all the pops and bangs going on :D Next to him was a 5.0 Cerbera that had drain pipe exhausts (no where near as large as the Ultima mind you!) and both sat there revving their engines waiting for the lights to go green (flames popping from the Ultimas pipes).

I didn't even go when the lights changed green as I was to busy watching these two! The Cerbera surged from the line with the tail squatting while the Ultima span its rears up and painted a set of 11s up the road. The cerbera didn't have a chance! By the time I had started moving they were off the slip road and a good 3/4 mile to a mile away! That was roar grunt!

Fastest I have driven is my wifes uncle 450 Chimera (he left me speechless when he said I could have a go aged 21 and first time I met him! The noise and everything was just breathtaking

Intrestingly the fastest thing ive ever seen was a chrysler 300c estate tootling along 40 in a 40mph zone. This saxo was tailing him something crazy. As soon as the saxo went to overtake it. The chap in this 300c booted it. The 300c you could tell was begging for grip with it fishing around on the road. With a huge plummmm of smoke. MY GOD did it shift. The saxo drivers face was priceless. I think he was as stunned as the people around watching. More intresting enough, was later on I ended up behind the 300c. When I inspected it for any badge I found it was wearing a CRD Badge and a little and I mean a little "HEMI" Badge on top of that.

1. I couldnt belive a 300c would shift

2. A CRD model?? Highely modified I will never know.

3. If that is the potential or how they are standard. What a SHOCKER that a Diesel YANK TANK could shift

Intrestingly the fastest thing ive ever seen was a chrysler 300c estate tootling along 40 in a 40mph zone. This saxo was tailing him something crazy. As soon as the saxo went to overtake it. The chap in this 300c booted it. The 300c you could tell was begging for grip with it fishing around on the road. With a huge plummmm of smoke. MY GOD did it shift. The saxo drivers face was priceless. I think he was as stunned as the people around watching. More intresting enough, was later on I ended up behind the 300c. When I inspected it for any badge I found it was wearing a CRD Badge and a little and I mean a little "HEMI" Badge on top of that.

1. I couldnt belive a 300c would shift

2. A CRD model?? Highely modified I will never know.

3. If that is the potential or how they are standard. What a SHOCKER that a Diesel YANK TANK could shift

Mate, the 300C hemi has a 5.7 V8 :eek: Ugly ugly car though...

Mate, the 300C hemi has a 5.7 V8 :eek: Ugly ugly car though...

I know they do. But this chap had a CRD and looked like he placed his own hemi badge on it. OR It was a 5.7 V8 and he added the CRD badge as a laff. And nah they look the business just the size of a small house espically the estate model which this chap had.

All a 300c says is "I've not got the money to buy a Bently"

Seen one the other day with a RR like thing (half naked women) glued to the bonnet - Disgrace!

There still worth more than a skoda! And at the same time people always say poor mans VW when you mention the name skoda. But then you can say that threw most car ranges and brands.

So it doesnt really matter :thumbdwn: The car was quick end of

Not the fastest, but when I was in the Philippines last summer for a couple of days ago, I saw a bus (not, not those little coaches, the massive ones) doing at least 120kmh AND weaving in and out of traffic so much it looked ready to flip! And 120kmh on a bus is freakin' fast.

Fastest seen...Lambo Murceilago going at it at what looked like top speed on Shk. Zayed Road to Jebel Ali. Nuts.