Removing Dead bugs n stuff.....

Neo_VR

...... you know the ones that have deeply splattered/ingrained on the front bumper of the car? they wont come off with heavy sponge action, and am trying to clean the car to apply a winter layer of swissol this weekend. help appreciated :)

What is a clay bar heard it mentioned several times.

Maybe I would know if I cleaned my car more often :rolleyes:

Basically it's a bar of clay which also comes with a fluid. You spray the fluid on the car and rub the clay bar over it. This lifts all the surface contaminants off and holds them in the bar. You then wipe the excess fluid off with a cloth. I bought mine to remove the industrial fallout' date=' and would now never be without it.

I use one from meguiars - [url']http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/specwd.pl?pc=G1116&tp=0[/url]

Swissol also do one but they call it a paint rubber I believe.

http://www.swissol.com/E/GB/Produkte_Lack2.htm

Cheers

Ventmore

A clay bar would probably be the best thing. Try the Meguiars site. I've tried various wipes and they're a bit ****e.

Saying that, try the MC2. So long as you don't use anything that will melt plastic you can use what you like because you intend to wax the car again anyway.

Bleach? :rolleyes:

don't know if this will eventually do damage, but i've sprayed mc2 onto the affected area, left it a little while and then zapped it with a jetwash. after that, good coating of swissol - works an absolute treat for me so far!

don't know if this will eventually do damage, but i've sprayed mc2 onto the affected area, left it a little while and then zapped it with a jetwash. after that, good coating of swissol - works an absolute treat for me so far!

How do you know that huck? thought you bought a new car when they needed cleaning? :rofl:

i was considering trying that... i will give it a go tomorrow :):thumbup:

Spot on!

Exactly the way i do it :)

Colin, with a good coating of Swissol, the bugs should mostly wipe off with a damp cloth, you're obviously not doing it right :P

Well.. there ya go, another amazing use for MC2... where will its abilities fail?

Just sprayed on... and jetwashed off... anything that didnt come off with the jetwash was pursuaded with a halfrauds "bug remover" sponge + MC2 the sponge was a normal sponge with a cotton mesh round it... works a treat... altho most the "bugs" on my bonnet are turning out to be stonechips :o

right... time to get the swissol out :D