GTi International 2009

Just over a month away and I can't find a thread on it?

Who's going then? I assume we'll have our usual stand?

EDIT: Just tried to buy tickets onlike and Briskoda isn't on the list of clubs? What's going on?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll end up putting my car on the A8 owners club stand.. of course it's not an A8 but the S2forum won't want it because it'll have tyresmoke.net written all down the side of it :D

I don't think there was the interest this year. I went last year and it is a good event with the main focus being the 1/4 mile. I will be there with the Mk5Golf GTI boys.

If anyone is looking for somewhere to camp not far from it then we having the briskoda camp at Billing Aquadrome not far from it (see link in my siggy). Also ignition event is on at Billing that weekend too (somewhere to go afterwards perhaps).:thumbup:

Looks like I'll be parking in the car park then this year.

Very poor showing.

No disrespect, but why dont you organise one on here? it just annoys me when people moan when an event hasnt been organised yet they dont organise anything.:rotz:

No disrespect, but why dont you organise one on here? it just annoys me when people moan when an event hasnt been organised yet they dont organise anything.:rotz:

Because I work 50 hours a week, am project managing an extension to my house, have a 2 year old to look after, and another one on the way, so not uppermost on my priorities.

I will however find time to turn out to GTi International myself...:)

Because I work 50 hours a week, am project managing an extension to my house, have a 2 year old to look after, and another one on the way, so not uppermost on my priorities.

I will however find time to turn out to GTi International myself...:)

And how does that stop you, i have a child work 50-60 hours a week and organise enough things on here because to many people sit round moaning that no one has organised events and dont have time to organise them but have time to turn up.

As one ex mod said to me (makefish) "If there isnt an event or a meet in your area then organise one" its not hard and im sure many mods on here will agree with what I have said, so please dont come on the forum moaning of events that havent been catered for if you are not prepared to organise any yourself.:thumbup:

I was going to organise it but it's too close to my exams for me to put effort in. Therefore I'm just going with TDIsport forum and minimising what I need to do for it. :) I organised Castle Combe show this year, but to arrange stands and stuff, there HAS to be commitment from other members (such as Paul doing TRAX this year to lighten my workload) to try and get details of stands at shows, then start threads on here to gauge interest.

I was going to organise it but it's too close to my exams for me to put effort in. Therefore I'm just going with TDIsport forum and minimising what I need to do for it. :) I organised Castle Combe show this year, but to arrange stands and stuff, there HAS to be commitment from other members (such as Paul doing TRAX this year to lighten my workload) to try and get details of stands at shows, then start threads on here to gauge interest.

Never even knew that forum existed but will be taking a look now. Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Therefore I'm just going with TDIsport forum

Will try to drop by and say hello.. just remembered that I have a meeting on the Saturday so I'll just have to go on the Sunday.

i'll be there in the car park i guess :(

the reason new people dont try and organise a meet is cos most people on here are in there little groups and dont talk to anyone else so it would be a waste of time i posted pics of my car not one comment i messaged the site owner not a reply wat is the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my m8 owns an astra and is on the astra owners forum and they all get along really well talk online and even play xbox some of them i know not everyone gets along but i'm easy going and get along with everyone SORT IT OUT!!!!!!

the reason new people dont try and organise a meet is cos most people on here are in there little groups and dont talk to anyone else so it would be a waste of time i posted pics of my car not one comment i messaged the site owner not a reply wat is the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my m8 owns an astra and is on the astra owners forum and they all get along really well talk online and even play xbox some of them i know not everyone gets along but i'm easy going and get along with everyone SORT IT OUT!!!!!!

Are we talking about the same forum?

First off, Colin is not really the be all and end all of this forum. Sure he runs the place in a technical sense, but the community aspect is very much community run. Sorry if you did not get a reply, he is a busy man and does not get chance to reply to the many many messages he recieves. I suggest if you do have an issue post it in the appropriate forum and no doubt someone will help you out.

There are some groups yes, but that is bound to happen as alot of people on the forum know each other well in the real world through meets etc. Dont let it bother you, 99% of the people here are extremely friendly! We do play xbox and chat online etc, look at the tech shed for example. I play computer games with quite a few members on here, the more the merrier.

I have to say though, Briskoda is well known for being a very friendly and welcoming forum. If you have any issues with particular members i would contact a moderator and they can look into things.

Sorry your experience so far has not been that great, give it a chance though :thumbup:

I know how you feel, I went to a meet once & felt the same, but I've stuck my head out & organised the Briskoda club stand at the Chatsworth Rally Show. Without me doing that I don't think It would be happening (club stand).

I have, so far really enjoyed organising It & made a few more friends on the way doing so:thumbup: & next year I will organise It again, hopefully getting a few more numbers.

As for Jonno VRs comments

I've not particular had alot of spare time really to organise this club stand at Chatsworth, with a full time job, 3yr old daughter & another on the way, due in 8weeks time, but this was one show I really, really wanted to attend, so I made the time to organise It.

To be honest, It hasn't been that hard or time consuming.

I know how you feel, I went to a meet once & felt the same, but I've stuck my head out & organised the Briskoda club stand at the Chatsworth Rally Show. Without me doing that I don't think It would be happening (club stand).

I have, so far really enjoyed organising It & made a few more friends on the way doing so:thumbup: & next year I will organise It again, hopefully getting a few more numbers.

As for Jonno VRs comments

I've not particular had alot of spare time really to organise this club stand at Chatsworth, with a full time job, 3yr old daughter & another on the way, due in 8weeks time, but this was one show I really, really wanted to attend, so I made the time to organise It.

To be honest, It hasn't been that hard or time consuming.

Thank you I will just try harder then sorry if I've affended anyone no hard feelings

Thank you I will just try harder then sorry if I've affended anyone no hard feelings

It's not that, it is just exasperating, until 'you' have organised a meet you can't know how much time, effort and expense can go into it and all for what may be a bunch of people you have never met, or for only 2 people to turn up, but it doesn't stop it being a good afternoon or whatever, the effort you put in will dictate what you get out:thumbup:

And Remember, we all get paid the same rate for organising events :thumbup::thumbup:

• Administrators

Sorry, but I've not had a mail from you. Did you use the contact form on site? If so I am sorry, but I've not had a message. I've had others that I've replied to, if you wish to try and resend it, or pm me, I 'll read and action.

there are some xbox meets, online chats, new chat coming soon too, on site. Do bear in mind that unlike some car groups, ours has a demographic of 18 to 90, this changes a few things, but the overall message from you is clear.

Please do feel free to visit the local meets area, see whats going on and kick something off. No one and I mean no one will blank you for that, it might take some time to get a meet going, but once they do, they are great!

Edited by ColinD

Like colin has said you really get out what you put in. Its a great place and im sorry felix if i didnt reply to your pics as i rarely miss a post. Mr pat where do i put my expense claim in for my money lol.

I have to say though, Briskoda is well known for being a very friendly and welcoming forum. If you have any issues with particular members i would contact a moderator and they can look into things.

Sorry your experience so far has not been that great, give it a chance though :thumbup:

I'd have to agree with that, i've not been here long but where I have posted people have been very friendly and helpful and what I have read elsewhere reflects this :). It is certainly a lot better than some other (none car related) forums I frequent..

Hey people, just seen this thread, all diesel owners/drivers are welcome to come along if there's no briskoda stand this year, i am sure you guys would do the same for our Skoda drivers if there was no TDISport stand. The thread is here: GTI INTERNATIONAL 2009 BOOKING FORM : Meets / Shows / Events (if a link to my site is not allowed then please can a mod remove it).