WRC Style Spoiler FINALLY Fitted!! What do you think?

Yella

Guest westallc
I thought you got that silver one free from that lad who thought it looked crap on his car??

no mate he broke it taking it off the car:O

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we've all seen WRC spoilers fitted before but I've just had mine done. I'm wondering if there are any other 'Atacama Beige Metallic' (Bronze in other words) Octavias with a WRC style spoiler fitted?

I know they can be a Marmite modification but let me know what you think.

Photo571-2.jpg

Photo572.jpg

Photo573-2.jpg

It's not perfect when you get close up to be honest, but the spoiler did only cost me £40 on fleabay! And unless you get to within 6 foot it looks as good as it does in the photos.

I've read every post in this thread and some i agree with, others i don't.

My personal opinion is that this spoiler is too OTT for a car with low spec trim. Even the VRS would struggle to pull this off without some other mods to compliment it.

I think its too big for a car without flared arches, bigger wheels and plastic trim down the sides. It's more suited to a car with more road presence from the front (IMO).

I disagree with people about the colour being the reason it doesn't work... It could be any colour you want, but in standard form its out of place.

The pic of the scooby that was posted is not a nice car IMO. It NEEDS the trademark spoiler in order to be a scooby, and not another family saloon.

I can respect the OP's courage to make a bold move and do something that makes him admire his pride and joy more, but i think its probably going to attract some unwanted attention from chavs and the police.

Good luck with future Mods, and don't let our opinions put you off, its your car and you can do what you please with it.

My personal opinion is that this spoiler is too OTT for a car with low spec trim. Even the VRS would struggle to pull this off without some other mods to compliment it.

the vRS is a lower spec and cheaper car than the elegance :)

the elegance was about a grand more than the vRS list and the 4x4 elegance was a further £500 more ;)

so you lot in vRSeseseses are just paupers that couldn't afford the proper model :P

the vRS is a lower spec and cheaper car than the elegance :)

the elegance was about a grand more than the vRS list and the 4x4 elegance was a further £500 more ;)

so you lot in vRSeseseses are just paupers that couldn't afford the proper model :P

I never realised that.

Well whichever is the higher spec, the vRS looks it due to the sportier features so i assumed (wrongly) that was the case....

:o

:P

it definitly looks sportier but if you look closely there's actually very little different, front and rear bumpers and a little spoiler other than things like wheels.

art-tuning-bi-color-s-class.jpg

Mercedes seem to be able to carry of the beige look

i disagree, that looks crap!

also looking at the badge and plate, i very much doubt mercedes had the balls to release a car that looks like that.

I don't like the spoilers at all, even on the vRS. If the octavia had deeper rear bumpers or a lower boot then yes It would look nice, but as they are everything looks on top & raised up If you know what I mean.

That Is my opinion, If the OP Is happy then fair enough, everyone has different tastes & views with styling. I've got the Milotec wheel arch extensions & even though I've had good comments about them I bet there Is some that don't like them, but who cares, because I do:D

I disagree with people about the colour being the reason it doesn't work... It could be any colour you want, but in standard form its out of place.

I think you will find that the car isn't standard and is modified or did you mean it doesn't look like a vRS or needs some other body mods to compliment it?

I think you will find that the car isn't standard and is modified or did you mean it doesn't look like a vRS or needs some other body mods to compliment it?

I understand its been Remapped etc, but appearance wise its standard except for the spoiler.

My point was that something as bold as that spoiler needs other complimenting features such as wide arches, aggressive bumpers and wider bigger wheels.

It could be lime green and pull it off with the right look. Sadly i don't think this has the right look regardless of its colour.

Guest westallc
Lucky escape for you then mate! :thumbup::rofl:

lol i wasnt going to put it on my car it was going to go on the brother inlaws car :D:P

I just took the standard spoiler off my vRS, it will cost me £150 to have the paint sorted to make it look like it never had one, because I think it looks better without one.

But

That is just my opinion, if you like yours with the big spoiler then fair play to you.

When i had my Elegance. It was re-mapped, had vRS spring and dampers, wheels, vRS ARB. It also had a regular vRS style rear spoiler. I remember going to a meet at Whitby abbey and got talking to a nice chap with a black vRS who commented on how nice my car looked. When we chatted some more i had to point out that mine was not a vRS, he hadn't realised. lol. My elegance was silver though. I chose the elegance deliberatley as i did not like the interior of the vRS at all.

I do think on the right colour that spoiler could work, but for me that is not the right colour.

Well it's your car mate, if you like it then fair enough.

Not my cup of tea IMHO, but remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one;)

I know we've all seen WRC spoilers fitted before but I've just had mine done. I'm wondering if there are any other 'Atacama Beige Metallic' (Bronze in other words) Octavias with a WRC style spoiler fitted?

I think you are probably quite safe there.

they are very much a 'look at me' drivers car, but that's what buying into the whole Subaru experience is all about, hence why there was such an uproar when the latest model was released

There was indeed an uproar, from a great many people with no experience of the car. Now people are starting to own them, and others getting a chance to sample the new car, opinions are changing. I know 3 owners of the new hunchback model, all of whom multiple Scoob owners over the years, and all agree it is by far the faster and better car. As usual, the UK spec is poor, and the JDM cars are now trickling in and the tuners are getting to work on them, so over the next couple of years interest might reignite, unless the economy and tax legislation spoil it further. I'm yet to have a blast in one myself, but look forward to making my own appraisal on more than the looks. I've always said, once in the drivers seat it doesn't matter what it looks like, but do agree the new shape is pig ugly.