Radio code

Morning all.

First post and a bit of a rant. Will do the intro's later so bear with me!

Got a new Octavia L&K a month ago with the columbus nav system. Started the car this morning and the radio asked for the security code. Quick read of the manual and an email to the supplying dealer should sort it?

No, the dealer will not give me the code without putting the car on diag.

To quote the service manager

"there is no radio code for these as it is all done through the ecu,

we would need the car to plug into the diag machine to find why the system has lost its coding"

Dealer is miles away so no radio for the next few day! Not happy, surely they can give me the code and then look at it at a later date?

Bloody frustrating!!:mad:

Anyone else have similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Sorry admin, should have posted in the ICE section

Edited by spitfiremh434

I don't think there is a record of codes as such any more, is there? I've never been able to get any radio codes from Skoda - I had a problem with my VRS "forgetting" the code for my Stream, and I had another similar problem with the MFD2 I used to have. You're either going to have to visit a dealer or post the unit off, so you may as well trek over to Skoda and not have to do without a radio. To be honest, getting the unit decoded isn't even an option for you - Skoda should sort it.

For future reference, and for anyone else who searches the forums for "Radio Codes" needing them decoding, this guy on ebay is one of the few I found that can decode MFD2 and 3's.

I asked a dealer about getting code for a symphony radio in a mkI octavia and I was told that there is "new" system which requires the car to be pluuged into the diagnostic equipment and it is then done over the internet. Skoda have changed the way they do it and the dealers had no choice.

The guy I spoke to told me it was a right pain and took a lot longer to do.

• 2 months later...

I have just bought a used Skoda Nexus MFD2 and eventhough the seller told me there was a codecard included, there is none! :mad:

If I provide the SKZ number can you then get the security code?

Any help would be very much appriciated.

• 2 months later...
if you can read the skz number on the side of the unit, i will get the radio code for you!!;)

@fireblade

Hi,

I too am having problems with my MFD3/RNS510 head unit, i purchased this second hand for £400 not knowing that i required a code as it has changed cars, and am now unable to get a hold of the seller.

I know this is purely my stupidty, but moving on!

Can you get the code for this? I can provide any serial numbers etc. that are on the unit itself.... Any efforts would be really appreaciated.

Note: The head unit is from a VW.

Thanks a lot...

Asjad

• 4 years later...

For the Columbus / RNS510, if you need the code and are near North Yorks, pop in and I'll decode it for you, for free.

Thanx, but it`s a long drive from Norway...

Is it possible with just the serial number or do you need the car and the player?

Just the unit itself, and I can recover the original code or recode to a new number if needed.

But yes, Norway is a long way, and after the end of this month it becomes harder still to travel between UK and Scandinavia. DFDS are no longer providing ferry services between Harwich and Esbjerg.

Thanx, but it`s a long drive from Norway...

Is it possible with just the serial number or do you need the car and the player?

Have you checked with Møller if they have the code? If the car is not a grey import. They give you the code if you have the serial. Did som service on my car and they said that they normally have the code based on reg plate also. But they couldnt find mine in the database. So they used the serial number to get it :)

Have contacted Møller, but they want me to meet personal with the RNS510 installed (it's not installed now...), book an appointment and pay $80. It's an imported swedish car. Skoda Sweden could do it for free, but it's a long drive...

It should also be free in Norway.

Crappy customer service

Then i would have tried ebay and radio code finder. I think they say money back if they can't find the code via serial number :)

Or maybe you have tried that. Just read a previous posting by you ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Alsomme

• 2 years later...

Hi! Also have this problem. The car (Octavia 2) was bought new from Møller in Oslo, but they don`t have the codes, and tell me to take the car to the dealer. I don`t need the code myself, the radio works in my Octavia, but someone else want to use the radio in a Passat, and then the radio asks for the code..

9 hours ago, cyberkul said:

Hi! Also have this problem. The car (Octavia 2) was bought new from Møller in Oslo, but they don`t have the codes, and tell me to take the car to the dealer. I don`t need the code myself, the radio works in my Octavia, but someone else want to use the radio in a Passat, and then the radio asks for the code..

You can get the code of EBay! There are a number of people on there that do, as long as you have the serial number !

I got mine and it worked fine 

Edited by Diego67