those darn Vrs seats! (i have done a search)

Did a search on this forum, about cleaning the white vrs seats and came up with two products that could help. Autoglym and 1001 stain remover. However there's many 1001 products not just one!;)

Looking on the 1001 site, not sure which product will do the job. Can anyone help please?

spot shot, troubleshooter, troubleshooter all advertise stain removal.

I've copied the link to the site below

Carpet Cleaning, Wide Area & Stain Cleaning Product Range - 1001 Carpet Care

ta

Ive never used the 1001 stuff but i have used autoglym since i bought the car

I sprayed the seats with scotchgard when it was new and unsullied and give marks and stains a once over every couple of months with autoglym

The car is nearly four years old and the seats are still clean

Is_500.jpg

:thumbup:

it just so happens in my garage i found a 3/4 full bottle of this! lol. Thanks for the pic as it jogged my memory i had this.;)

I've had a small go at an inconspicuous area to test it out. So far looks good. Lift a small mark of chocolate which had been there for months. I have a tendency to eat chocolate when i'm on a long run.I really must stop doing that.

The AG Shampoo is what I use. I got it the Autosport show with the high foam stuff. I find the Shampoo does a much better job. It's best to do it when it's hot and sunny with the windows down, so it you use too much, it will dry quicker.

Vanish powershot works well, doesnt foam up so doesnt leave obvious foam white bits behind. Its been discontinued in Sainsburys down my way but found some in a hardwear shop £4.50 and lasts ages.

Go ask your mum, type of thing mums have lying around.

The only way I found to get the watermarks out of mine (which were caused by previous abortive attempts to clean the seats) was to hire a Rug Doctor. I did mine a couple of weeks ago.

They came up like new. I'll post some pics when I get a chance, the difference is remarkable :thumbup:

I'm reporting back! after using Auto glym shampoo can confirm it does indeed work very well. I had old water marks on the seats from the previous owner/garage's feeble attempts to clean the seats. The shampoo got rid of all those watermarks! wow excellent stuff.

The cloth i used was a 3M microfibre one as they help pick up loose dirt and are quite absorbant also.

• 2 years later...

God knows what basic can of stuff we have lying around the house but its done the trick, like spray up foam and then you rub it off with a warm moist cloth.

151 instant upholstery cleaner is what is called, to be honest all it is is concentrated detergent in a can. I did have some stains (oo er) just from having fruit juice diluted with water that has leaked on the passenger seat where I left it while driving to work.

Its all seemed to have cleared after using that stuff and Im just lucky in regard to more stubborn marks, I have a few spots on the rear seats but nothing to cry about.

I was worried about further staining too but it seems to be fine, even though when I did it wasnt particularly warm to help evaporation either

The only way I found to get the watermarks out of mine (which were caused by previous abortive attempts to clean the seats) was to hire a Rug Doctor. I did mine a couple of weeks ago.

They came up like new. I'll post some pics when I get a chance, the difference is remarkable :thumbup:

think this is the route i will be taking, unless i come across a cheap-ish wet vac thingy

Do it proper. Take all the seats out, strip the covers off and put them in the washing machine.

Let them dry, back on and in the car. Job done!

What do you do about the hog rings? Do you have to cut and replace them or can they be reused? Any issues with refitting the covers once removed?

Edited by piggoy

What do you do about the hog rings? Do you have to cut and replace them or can they be reused? Any issues with refitting the covers once removed?

Hog rings are the hard part. You need to snip them off and dispose of them.

I put the covers back on using cable ties and just snipped off the excess. Really easy way of getting them back on and work just as good as the hog rings.