Eagle F1 tyres - What are you getting?

28k :eek:

"Need to learn how to drive", I can drive perfectly well thanks and as stated before my girlfriend has been driving it mostly (she has been driving for 10 years).

Might see if I can get a 4 wheel allignment then. 4x4t, where did you go for yours? I heard there was a hunter machine near us (which from what i've read is the best for this).

4WA was done at Taylors Tyres at illogan highway.I have only heard god things.Will find out what machine they have and let you know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6K is shocking. Worst is low teens when I was a nipper that cornered hard, and drove everywhere at light speed.

Last 3 cars have done around 30k on originals. Did 35k on the works car (michelins), and the Octy's on 28k and needs new fronts, but the rears are hardly worn (17" Michelin Pilot Premacy - factory supplied).

And it's driven mostly by SWMBO, who thinks shes Jenson in an F1 race when shes going to work, and corners like Ken Block!

i wouldnt pay to much attention to the 28k miles and his tyre still have life it because he prob drives like a granny in his roomster :rofl: :rofl:

learn how to drive lol :D what makes you a better driver??? :confused:

if i was o put a set of r888 they would prob last 4k would that make me a bad driver ????:confused: :P

YOU DRIVE LIKE A GRANNY :P

Now now son, all your doing is making yourself N00by (Fancy comparing F1's to R888's :rolleyes:)

My F1's spent most of their life on my VRS and they even did a 5 laps of Coomb. If you rotate them properly, keep the pressures where they need to be and replace all at once you will get more miles out of a complete set. The tyres in question are still on the wheels and I am contemplating putting them back on for a final few thousand miles.

What I was trying to point out is that unless your doing something pretty muppety you should get much more out of the tyres meaning it's probably a technical issue. The OP is going down the 4WA route which is a good thing and I hope it sorts his problem out

BTW, don't diss the Roomster. It's more than capable of being a bit frisky...

Edited by Decron

I used to get 20k out of F1's on my Merc E class we have had a pair on the front of my wifes PD VRS for about 12,000 miles now still around 4mm left

If you only got 6k out of F1's you will only get 4k out of Toyo T1r's as they are even softer ime

Guest westallc
Now now son, all your doing is making yourself look clueless (Fancy comparing F1's to R888's :rolleyes:)

My F1's spent most of their life on my VRS and they even did a 5 laps of Coomb. If you rotate them properly, keep the pressures where they need to be and replace all at once you will get more miles out of a complete set. The tyres in question are still on the wheels and I am contemplating putting them back on for a final few thousand miles.

What I was trying to point out is that unless your doing something pretty muppety you should get much more out of the tyres meaning it's probably a technical issue. The OP is going down the 4WA route which is a good thing and I hope it sorts his problem out

BTW, don't diss the Roomster. It's more than capable of being a bit frisky...

i dont understand(clueless infact:confused:)

:D :P

Went through 2 sets of Continental Contact 2 on the front @30,000miles , (15,000 miles a set.) Got the cheapest and nastiest tyres now on front £72 all-in, and gotta say the grip is equal to the Conti's and a damn sight quieter for road noise.

Conti's on back 40,000 miles with 3m/m tread left, and now showing signs of perishing, (at 4 years old,) according to MOT tester, but NOT failed, just advisory notice issued.

Ian. 12/06/2009. :):thumbup:

Thanks mate.

I've also heard Seven Mile Stone garage on the way out to St Agnes have a hunter machine. Ordered some more f1s and am ringing up today for a quote on fitting and a 4WA.

Heard not so good things about this garages wheel alignment.Heard they always pull left after they have finished.

Heard not so good things about this garages wheel alignment.Heard they always pull left after they have finished.

Awesome, just got the car back from them :rolleyes:

£73 all in, including fitting the 2 new tyres I bought online.

Seems ok so far though, graphs below:

Data_Sheet.jpg - ImageHost.org

http://g.imagehost.org/0552/Before.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0929/After.jpg

try yokohana prada had them on for 9months done bout 12k on them and i just swapped my fronts with rear.

What size were they, as when I tried some time back they didn't do them in 225/45/17 or 205/50/17

• 7 months later...

Well, took the car for a service today and they mentioned the front tyres were looking a little low... we've done around 7k in the last 7 months- maybe a little more!

Thinking I might start looking at different tyres at this rate. *Searches the forums*.

Depends on driving style and tyre compound - if you nuts it out of every bend (tempting) you will eat tyres..... smooth it out and you'll get more mileage...

just had tyres fitted to my oct as was on the limit... on all 4! Was told by the tyre fitters that the standard Oct vrs tyre was an odd size (205/50/17) but why..? vRS aint that rare is it? part of the VAG group after all! Or is this standard spiel these days?

the tyres I'm trying are Cooper Zeon CS6 - were not a silly price (credit card in melt down from xmas :doh: ), too new to tell how good they are - but will update as an when....