Fabia vRS 1 year on

Tedders

Hi everyone,

this is my first post, i've watched from afar for quite some time, unfortunately i'm not very computer freindly so here we go....

Anyway i've now had my Fabia vRS for 1 year and 15,000 miles. The car has totally blown away all my expectations! i've come from a mainly Peugeot GTi background and realised i needed a car with cheaper running costs, so i bought the vRS as a compromise but it is without a doubt the quickest point to point car i've owned.

In the last 3 months i've made a few modifications, which in my mind complete the car. I've had the one click amd remap and have a dyno reading of 189bhp and masses of torque. Along with adjustable koni shocks and eibach springs with a Seat upper strut brace. The handling has improved dramatically although it's obviously a harsher ride. The performance is now a dramatic improvement and i'd recommend the amd one click to anyone wanting the power this car deserves.

I've also done a few sprints since the modifications and I was really happy with my times which were a massive improvent on my previous times in a Pug 106 Rallye and 205 1.6 GTi, which both handled like a dream.

Soon I will try and work out how to post photos etc...

Welcome to the site :wavey:

Your car (and its usage) seems remarkably similar to one of our other members (term used advisedly, don't take offence at being called a member CJ :D )

Glad you are enjoying it.

Not sure where you are based, but a group of us are "doing" Anglesey at the end of November - if you are nearby, come and say "Hi". Details can be found on the National Trackday 2 thread. Click here

Jon

Tedders..where've you been since May fellah! :eek: and a very belated welcome!! :D

Sounds like you've been going down a very similar route to me.

Sprinting/hillclimbing the Fabia? You been running in a championship? How've you got on?

Been basically just testing the water with mine this year..4 rounds all at Ty Croes, but hopefully with a few suspension mods over the winter will be doing the whole ANWCC sprint/hillclimb series next year. Very impressed with it's capabilities. :thumbup:

Still got the Citroen AX GT that I've use for the last 6 years. Great little car, and so light and nimble..can steer it through the corners with the brake pedal..fantastic, but the torque is the downside. Had the final drive lowered so it accelerates like a cat with a rocket up it's jacksy! :D but it runs out of puff at 70+ and 5000+ rpm! :(

Keep in touch please, I'm really interested to see that we have another fellow competitor in here...especially in a Fabia I presume! :thumbup:

edit..guess what! I'm not very computer friendly either...am I everyone! :rolleyes:

Your car (and its usage) seems remarkably similar to one of our other members (term used advisedly' date=' don't take offence at being called a member CJ :D )

[/quote']

:confused: Well if I'm not a member...what is it you would call me then Jon?

awaits a barrage of pleasantly appropriate suggestions from some of our more humourous members! ;)

Not sure where you are based

Jon

Going to enjoy this one! :D

Jon..if you go into members profile' date=' you can sometimes discover where MEMBERS come from! :Dhee hee hee...and he's a mod too!!l LOL

Oh just doubled checked and, hello hello hello, discovered his occupation too! :eek: better be careful what we say. ;)

C.J,

I live and work in Bournemouth, Dorset.

I'm a member of Woolbridge Motor Club (Dorset based), the events I have done are with Bristol Motor Club, one being on Colerne airfield (near Bath). This year has been a bit of a trial run but next year i want to have a 'proper' go at it.

The Anglesey trackday sounds good, bit of a trek for me, but the drive through North Wales is rewarding enough!

C.J' date='

I live and work in Bournemouth, Dorset.

I'm a member of Woolbridge Motor Club (Dorset based), the events I have done are with Bristol Motor Club, one being on Colerne airfield (near Bath). This year has been a bit of a trial run but next year i want to have a 'proper' go at it.

The Anglesey trackday sounds good, bit of a trek for me, but the drive through North Wales is rewarding enough![/quote']

Any photos of yours in action?

Some of mine in action at Ty Croes earlier this month. Will try and get the web addres and post it back in here as an edit when I've found it.

Now don't you be disappearing for another 4 months! ;)

Go to.... http://www.dsimages.co.uk/gallery.asp

Go down 3 to Ty croes 5/9 and you'll find 6 pages of photos of cars in class's 3,4,5,6..inc the Mini cooper s doing a bit of a spin I think! :rofl:

C.J

I've seen your photos in action, looking good, is that standard suspension?

I don't think there are any pictures of my car on the net. Anyway i need lessons on how to you use these forums! I have got some digital pictures but haven't yet worked out how to post them onto this site...

C.J

I've seen your photos in action' date=' looking good, is that standard suspension?

I don't think there are any pictures of my car on the net. Anyway i need lessons on how to you use these forums! I have got some digital pictures but haven't yet worked out how to post them onto this site...[/quote']

Yes, the car is totally standard apart from a little remap from Revo..oh yokahama 539's too..oh and a green cotton fllter...oh and pimp tints! :D back only mind officer!! :thumbup:

By the way, I didn't take the pictures or post them on here.They were taken on the day by some outfit, and selling them for about

Welcome Tedders no need to be shy,

Im running AmD software (did have a One Click before the hardware changes) and am impressed (OK I know im biased before anybody flames me ;) ).

Im also running the same suspension as you by the sound of it, do you have the specific vRS Eibach springs? Makes a huge difference int he car I think, been driving a few standard ones at work recently, forgot what it was like.

Welcome Tedders no need to be shy' date='

Im running AmD software (did have a One Click before the hardware changes) and am impressed (OK I know im biased before anybody flames me ;) ).

Im also running the same suspension as you by the sound of it, do you have the specific vRS Eibach springs? Makes a huge difference int he car I think, been driving a few standard ones at work recently, forgot what it was like.[/quote']

Hi Ross,

I am very happy with the one click, however I have noticed quite considerable vibration through the transmission (I think!) when travelling at 40 - 50mph and then accelerating hard in third or fourth, any ideas?

The suspension set up is koni and the specific vRS springs, makes a massive improvement over the standard set up and is not a massive compromise over the original ride.