Photography - Useful Shops

GAFF

The odd time I hear of good places to buy gear so thought everyone might be interested in putting 1 list together to reference from.

Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics (just ordered a Canon 580 EXII flash for £290)

7dayshop.com - Online shopping made easy !

Camera Price Buster - UKs cheapest camera gear

Be very wary of Simply Electronics, their business is hong kong based, and everything is imported, so no uk warranty. Based in someone's bungalow in Nottingham.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/camcorders-video-editing/739921-simply-electronics.html

Edited by jamesmckelvie

The main two I use, excellent service from both.

Store Location - Park Cameras Online really came through when I was having trouble getting a hard to find lens:thumbup:

Warehouse Express - Digital Camera, Digital SLR Cameras, Lens, Canon, Nikon Awesome delivery service, hasn't let me down yet:thumbup:

Can't believe i'm going to say this because a few months back I wouldn't have, but Jessops actually helped me find another lens I was having trouble locating and I picked it up the same day. for that reason I'll put them on the list, though I think with Jessops it all depends who you get on the other end of the phone.

Be very wary of Simply Electronics, their business is hong kong based, and everything is imported, so no uk warranty. Based in someone's bungalow in Nottingham.

Simply Electronics - AVForums.com

Cheers for that, I didn't really do to much homework as a girl at a course I done last week had mentioned the shop, and bought the same flash from it without any trouble, so I thought it was worth the risk. I hope I'm not proved wrong :(

I didn't really do to much homework as a girl

This could be a whole new thread - take words out of a sentence and see if it changes the meaning :thumbup:

Apologies for going OT, but I thought it was funny :)

This could be a whole new thread - take words out of a sentence and see if it changes the meaning :thumbup:

Apologies for going OT, but I thought it was funny :)

There's always one :P;)

The item is supposed to be on its way. from there site is says they are base in Isle of Man (SimplyElectronics.net

Trinity House

130 Bucks Road

Douglas

Isle of Man

IM1 3AH).

I decided to email them about non-EU equipment and got the following,

Dear Colm,

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

I would like to assure you that all our stock come with UK specification with 3 pin power plug and English Manual. In addition, all products from SimplyElectronics also come with a 12 month warranty from receipt of the purchase.

Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I should know within the next few days, so fingers crossed

The item is supposed to be on its way. from there site is says they are base in Isle of Man (SimplyElectronics.net

Trinity House

130 Bucks Road

Douglas

Isle of Man

IM1 3AH).

I decided to email them about non-EU equipment and got the following,

Dear Colm,

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

I would like to assure you that all our stock come with UK specification with 3 pin power plug and English Manual. In addition, all products from SimplyElectronics also come with a 12 month warranty from receipt of the purchase.

Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I should know within the next few days, so fingers crossed

Have you the link where it states the Isle of Man, the link I have says HK Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics

I use warehouse express. Have also used calumet for my tripod, which was the bargain of the century at £30, with about 70% off in their sale a couple of years ago. And of course Jessops, but only because shop is 20 yards from my office

Have you the link where it states the Isle of Man, the link I have says HK Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics

Interesting, I had clicked on the Contact Us Link, Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics

I got the flash today (haven't used it yet), is there any way of knowning if its EU or not? It has made in Japan on it and also the text is in English, French & Spanish.

Colm, where was it shipped from? and whats the exact part number as that usually gives the game away.

I'll have to check docket when I get home ;)

Colm, where was it shipped from? and whats the exact part number as that usually gives the game away.

Shipped from:

Intermail PLC,

Horizon West,

Canal View Road,

RG14 5XF Newbury,

UK

Code on the box is 1946B002[AA], doing a search the on 1946B002 shows up as a Speedlite alright, in US etc, dunno what the [AA] refers to, must just be AA batteries.

• 2 weeks later...