Columbus system

Yes mate they do just Plug straight in.

You may need to code with VCDS to get it to work properly with maxidot but the system itself will work straight away

Ebay is your best bet. Search for RNS510 or MFD3 or Columbus. Make sure your searching worldwide aswell

HTH

Carl:thumbup:

I think it depends on what you want it for.

If its for sat nav then personally I dont rate it as much as a stand alone unit. The maps are well out of date, you cant put POIs such as speed camera warnings on, it doesnt have full post code facilities on it and it doesnt have as many options.

The traffic warnings are handy though at no cost.

My PDA with IGo sat nav in my opinion beats it hands down. I also like the facility to be able to plot a route outside of the car.

The sound system is good though. The facility to load umpteen mp3s onto the hard drive is excellent once they are on. Time consuming to load it though.

Yes but its not a straightforward thing to get the new BMW maps on and the speed cameras only show up on the map. There is no audible warning which is really what is needed.

Ive only got it because its a company car and they insist on it being in.

No way would I spend that amount of my own money on it

• 1 month later...

None of the posts seem to mention whether the phone part of the columbus works on these. I know when I set mine up in my Superb I had to use a code from the maxidot display.

Looking to maybe put one of these into an Octy or Superb S/SE to sync with an Iphone.

I had my software flashed with the superb software which basically makes it the superb unit and my maxidot won't work with it.

You cannot use the superb firmware directly, you need to modify some files on the firmware ISO before flashing, then as mine your maxidot works fine.