Cant seem to unscrew and take off aerial....?

Just brought a chrome aerial for the Vrs, but when i went to unscrew and take off the old one, all it did was just, well fold down on the roof, with out coming away from the plastic that its screwed into on the roof......????

Any ideas, thanks...............?

MATT.........:confused:

Just brought a chrome aerial for the Vrs, but when i went to unscrew and take off the old one, all it did was just, well fold down on the roof, with out coming away from the plastic that its screwed into on the roof......????

Will be interesting to see what your reception is like, as I fitted a number of aerials, from a VW Sharan (short stubby one) to a number of other variants which all gave me poor radio performance.

Yes, I think a chrome aerial will look ghastly. Don't do it. Your car is speaking to you by trying to retain the black one.

• 3 weeks later...

The chrome aerials dont work, there design is such that the actual aerial itself is much shorter than the original one with the result that radio reception of all but the strongest stations is crap.

The chrome aerials dont work, there design is such that the actual aerial itself is much shorter than the original one with the result that radio reception of all but the strongest stations is crap.

Same with the Honda S 2000 aerial :thumbup:

Same with the Honda S 2000 aerial :thumbup:

I have a Honda S2000 aerial and i've never had any problem with reception.

Infact it's just as good as the standard one.

Please don't put a chav looking cheap chrome piece of turd on your car! :thumbdwn:

Hello MED vRS,

Skoda told me, that the aerial stalk has a anti-theft device at thread base of the aerial stalk, it can be unscrewed just enough to fit flat to roof, BUT not removed.

Some clown DID remove the aerial stalk and when I tried to fit an chrome stalk realised threads were damaged.

Had to buy the whole aerial unit, costing around £45 at the time.

Advice, if it doesn't want to be removed easily there's a reason !!!

Good luck. Ian. 25/07/2009 :rolleyes::thumbup:

Never had a problem when I removed my ariel and the radio reception was no different with or without an ariel, I bought an Enfig stubby which doesn't overhang the base like the S2000 does but looks very similar