My candy white Superb (pics)

Very good choice on the wheels there. I have a white Superb myself, and i could easily have made that wheel decision ( regarding the design - 18's too big for me). I like the opposites of the flat brushed surface and the curved black parts in the center. The concept of a white car, black grill and black parts in the wheels is a very safe and eye pleasing visual combination.

Superb is a good car, but it doesn`t look stunning or great with any kind of wheels, because the car itself isn`t very good looking. It`s spacious and perfect for a taxi, for example. But stunning, cracking, no way....:Yikes:

Some of my (maybe jealous ??) colleagues call it "an ugly-***(the body part that you sit on...) skoda":confused:

Skoda dont make any good looking cars in my opinion but that one certainly looks nicer with those wheels

Superb is a good car, but it doesn`t look stunning or great with any kind of wheels, because the car itself isn`t very good looking. It`s spacious and perfect for a taxi, for example. But stunning, cracking, no way....:Yikes:

Some of my (maybe jealous ??) colleagues call it "an ugly-***(the body part that you sit on...) skoda":confused:

For me the looks of a car are linked to the practical context in which I buy the car. Usability comes first - then it's nice if the car looks good in relative terms for what it is. In that way I think the new Superb looks really nice. See - my Superb is the smallest car I've had. I have owned a Volvo 945 estate and an Opel/Vauxhall Omega estate, both for long periods of time. They served me well and I always thought they looked pretty good while being able to serve my practical needs. Now our oldest son has moved out and I've downsized to a Superb. Our other children has now grown to silly proportions with arms and legs sticking out everywhere;), and the back seat of the Superb suits them perfectly. The Superb is a perfect car for us right now, and being a perfect car it also looks really nice I think. Just my take on the subject

For me the looks of a car are linked to the practical context in which I buy the car. Usability comes first - then it's nice if the car looks good in relative terms for what it is. In that way I think the new Superb looks really nice. See - my Superb is the smallest car I've had. I have owned a Volvo 945 estate and an Opel/Vauxhall Omega estate, both for long periods of time. They served me well and I always thought they looked pretty good while being able to serve my practical needs. Now our oldest son has moved out and I've downsized to a Superb. Our other children has now grown to silly proportions with arms and legs sticking out everywhere;), and the back seat of the Superb suits them perfectly. The Superb is a perfect car for us right now, and being a perfect car it also looks really nice I think. Just my take on the subject

I don`t know exactly how this phrase is said in english, but at least here in Finland we have this phrase that "time goldens our memories", and this text is a perfect example of that.

Volvo 940-series and Omega-series were considered big cars at that time, but to be honest, Superb is at least as spacious as those two....:D

I don`t know exactly how this phrase is said in english, but at least here in Finland we have this phrase that "time goldens our memories", and this text is a perfect example of that.

Volvo 940-series and Omega-series were considered big cars at that time, but to be honest, Superb is at least as spacious as those two....:D

Of course, you're right. I was thinking of actual length and estate luggage capabilities (Volvo 4.88 m (?)/1.7 m2, Opel 4.90 m/1.8 m2). The passenger space of the Superb blows them both out of the skies....and passenger space is exactly what I need now with me being 194cm and two of my sons just short of 190 cm. In that sense a car that copes with all of us inside and still looks as good as it does is a beautiful car to me...:) That's what I meant - the Superb looks very good for what it does. And besides - I fell for a white one just like you...:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why does the a**** end look like a Hyundai Accent ? The one I had for a while was great to drive but doesn't hold a candle to my vRS.