Liquid Gauge for Fabia MkI Feeler

fletch555

Some dyno runs: my clutch "shudder" problem - which I've posted on here about before and which my dealer claims is "normal" and refuses to fix - rears its head:

4062509978_52364e587c.jpg

4061763191_3852df8f49.jpg

4062505898_52a793305f.jpg

4062503714_fe4c40244b.jpg

4062501840_46dc50005a.jpg

You can see that the "jolt" from the clutch stops things panning out on the torque side.

Anyway, I make that to be an average power of 155hp and an average torque of 252lbft. Compared to the quoted figures of 128hp and 224lbft, that's not too bad. I'm surprised at the location of the torque peek in the rev range, though, plus it seems low. See the peek reading when not doing a dyno run above. Plus I would have expected a similar increase in torque as power over the stated figure.

No bad, though, considering this is a stock car.

What I do notice, though, is that the torque peaks seems a lot higher up the rev range than where it should be (and what driving the car actually suggests...)

Plus you can see that I keep letting off the power to early - I need to rev the thing more for peak power...

Edited by dxg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaves me feeling inadequate with my A3 tdi, from the graphs you can see that my boost has topped out before I get to 2k rpm so the torque flattenes off, but on yours it looks like boost is still building up to about 2300rpm resulting in much higer mid range torque, and holding higher boost at high rpm to get te higher peak bhp.

a3%20dyno.jpg

Edited by freegeek

• 2 years later...

Would be great if we could get this going again as I want one so bad

If you have an android phone get a bluetooth obd adapter and the torque app, loads cheaper and nearly the same features lol