Interest for Nurburgring 2009? 18-21st September

devonutopia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason, is a mazda and a pregnant lady welcome on this trip?

Bloody hell! I don't know about that! ;)

If you want to make up the definite 2 extra peeps, then please let me know! You have my number!

Potentially then, due to non contact

1+2) Devonutopia + tfboy

3+4) Leesman & Chickeneyebrow

5+6) Alexmechanic + Abi

7+8) ColG + 1 other?

Cheers for message jason! Sorry for the delay in replying - couldn't find a plus one so just the one! I'm still ok for the trip and wondering if I am a passenger (and keeper awaker!) for someone or driver? When do want the money and how to pay you by paypal (I have an account)?

Where are people meeting up? I notice that I may the only one from oop North unless I can buddy with someone who is closest? If no-one North of Birmingham then may have to give up my place (reluctantly!)

Well done for arranging by the way Jason - should you now be called the "Lord of the Ring"? and should we all be now known as the "Fellowship of the Ring"? Don't worry - I won't be making a "Hobbit" of these puns.........!!

jomo - NeoVR will be coming from your way so it really depends whether you want to keep the cost down and come as a passenger only (£60 cabin + fuel contributions/food) or as a driver which will incur ferry, laps, etc. :thumbup:

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions though. I would seriously consider coming as a driver, if only to do a few "pacey" laps of the Ring. :thumbup: Has to be done at some point. Convoying with Colin is possible from the M6.

So at the moment we have confirmed:

1+2) Jason + Xavier

3+4) Leesman & chickeneyebrow

5+6) Alexmechanic & Abi

7) NeoVR

8) Jomo

This seem OK? I will confirm 5 & 6 for sure though first :cool:

Thanks for info Jason.

Just checked Norfolk line and 02:00 outward and 18:01 return is is £53.68 (inc fuel surcharge and £1 debit card fee)!!!

Didn't think it would be that much in the couple of days since you booked!! May have to come back on an earlier or later ferry!! Or bring water wings!!

Been following this thread with interest and I've seen this today

"Press Release 30th July 2009

Police at the new Nürburgring are promising to be stricter with all Visitors who flout Germany rules for vehicles, starting this August onwards!

A NEW crackdown has been launched by the RheinlandPfalz Police, in and around the Nürburgring region. Police are sending out a message to all Visitors that their vehicles will be seized and vehicles may be impounded (at additional cost to you, of course) if their owners do not have the correct “original” documentation. In addition, a range of many popular UK vehicle modifications has been identified and judged to be unsafe for driving around the Eifel area and also the Nürburgring.

Driving in Germany is normally a complete pleasure as the roads are in excellent condition and the German drivers are well-trained and cooperative. The German autobahns are famous for being some of the few public roads in the world without blanket speed limits for cars and motorcycles. Although, Visitors should also be aware that with the high alcohol content of German social beverages, it doesn't take long to hit the low alcohol limit. Everything is fine – just as long as you follow the rules.

One very popular destination for us Brits is the Nürburgring, simply known as "The Ring" by enthusiasts. It can be classed as a normal road in Germany, or a motorsport race track, depending on whom you speak to. It is open to anyone with a road legal car or motorcycle and also a few euro in their pocket to pay for the road toll.

Nürburgmotorsport recognised the growth of English speaking visitors and so the new company was set up two years ago by British owner Ken Harris. The aim is to provide a wide range of support services to Visitors from the UK and all parts world, where speaking English is popular. As a well known local company regular meetings are held with all the main authorities in the area.

Ken Harris explains more, “I meet up today with Herr Linden – Polizeiinspektion Adenau (Chief Constable) as part of ongoing discussion for my project named Open Road (Projekt Freie Fahrt). This aims to promote “Best Practice” for Visitors to the Nurburgring. We discussed amongst other topics the New Ring Damage Insurance which my company offers and also the details of the accompanying mandatory, Visual Vehicle Inspection.

“I must say it was a bit of a shock to learn that the rules will be strictly applied and there is now a full collection of Police photographs showing items on vehicles which are judged to be dangerous. Not all, but many of which affect UK cars and the Police intend to enforce these rules starting in August and have asked me to inform the UK Press.

“So having your vehicle approved at a UK MOT centre may not now be enough to satisfy these much stricter locally applied rules and you need to keep with you the original car documentation, because any photocopies are not accepted,” continues Ken Harris – British owner of Nürburgmotorsport UG.

The Vehicle Inspection is now being hurriedly updated and will include advice and assistance so as to comply with the latest Police rules and regulations, as part of the Visitor Support only available from Nürburgmotorsport UG and other appointed approved garages.

By permission of the RheinlandPfalz Police the photographs pertaining to UK cars can be seen at the following website location:-

www.nurburgmotorport.com

NürburgMotorsport can provide all the aspects needed for having an enjoyable and safe stay at the Nürburgring. From travel booking, Ring Insurance, airport pickups, accommodation, servicing and repair, Race Team Management, Race / Driver training, not to mention the cars i.e. store your own or rent a brand new one.

Coming soon, a new Lotus Elise car rentals package including Allianz insurance cover. "

You have been warned ! My car's a DSG otherwise I'd have been interested...not sure how it would cope with a track.

A spare place is up for grabs now. Please PM me if you feel like coming. £70 cabin, £50 ferry, rest is down to fuel consumption, number of laps wanted, and your appetite for both food & drink :D

All that stuff about the German police sounds like scaremongering by Ken Harris to get people to buy the Nurburgring Insurance he's offering (including the vehicle check) :rolleyes:

As long as your car can pass a TUV and you don't drive around Adenau and Nurburg like an a**hole attracting attention to yourself you'll be alright.