Interest for Nurburgring 2009? 18-21st September

devonutopia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing with later in the year, is your starting to flirt with the dodgy Eifel autumn climate. I wouldn't want to leave it any later than September to be in with a fighting chance of a dry weekend. :)

I have asked on Northloop. ;)

Hopefully there is as I fancy a bit of 150mph cruising myself. :D

Apparently the E29 (1) is delimited, so I would propose if we are early enough (which I suspect we will be) we take the slightly longer route there by sticking on the E40 past Aachen, then catching the E29 south.

Edited by devonutopia

Yeah I'd be up for that. Jamie's gonna think about it & let me know tonight. I'm saying yes for me right now & with any luck with Jamie as co pilot. I could pay pal you any monies required if you like?

Once we have 8 definites, then yes, I will be looking to get in the 560 odd euros asap from everyone as I suspect I would have to pay the full amount p.d.q once I've booked it.

Actually, it's possible we get a 10% discount if the villa is booked before the 18th June (over 3 months) in which case it will only be about 500 euros for the villa, and work out a fair bit cheaper per person too - probably £60 only depending on the exchange rate.

Edited by devonutopia

All autobahn is unlimited, just ask any Merc or BM driving German ;):rofl:

Chris Ellis will testify to the restricted parts of the Autobahn! :P:rofl:

............... there are some great stretches of unrestricted parts of the Belgian motorway network .......................... although they don't know that ;)

It is good a lot of the "limited" stuff is still 130km/h, which gives more leniancy for cruising at a decent pace. :thumbup:

With the proposed 2am crossing, it would mean arrival in DK at 5am (EU time), and [fingers crossed] we will be past Brussels by rush hour as that's a right sod when busy! :thumbdwn:

it's 0.85 pounds per euro at the moment so still less than £60 even without the discount. Bargain :thumbup:

Yeah - Not sure what my bank will convert the euros at. have sent an email to center parcs (now called "Sunparks Eifel" - undergone name change since I was last there) and if we do get 10% discount, I will book & pay a.s.a.p :thumbup:

Well, like I say Jason, I'm a definite & I think it looks like Jamie's coming too? I've just PM'd him as I wasn't 100% sure from his last message. Didn't see a yes in it but didn't see a no in it either! I'll check again when i return from work in a coupla hours time.

I managed to wriggle out of my commitments on that weekend so as Leesman said above, I can come now.

1+ 2) devonutopia + Xav

3 + 4) Jomo + 1?

5 + 6) Southpaw +1?

7 + 8) Leesman + Chicken_eyebrow

Just need to find two others to passenger in the other Fabias.

If it gets to 1st August and we haven't got enough people for a chalet then I'd be happy to camp.

I don't camp! Seriously tho. I would need a mains or 12v supply for my Cpap machine or I will not be able to sleep as I'll be having sleep apnea every night! Really really don't camp but if it was the only choice, I guess I could rig something up from Beryl's auxillary output socket?