Which Diesel to use?

VRSyme

Hey guys looking for some info whats the best diesel to run Fabis VRS . We have been discussing this in work for a few weeks now so wanted some other views.

Here is a few already mentioned

BP Premium

Esso Premium

Shell V Power

or just good old black stuff

We are trying to sort out if any difference with this lot with regards to MPG, Smooth running less black smoke.

Been discussed a fair bit on here in the past. You can cause even more confusion to the debate by asking what benefits/gains adding Millers Adative has as well ;)

Have to admit it's a marmite question ....but here goes

My car is smoother on shell normal and is smoother and goes a lot quicker on v power diesel....esso comes next down the list and at the bottom are the supermarket fuels ....as rough as a rough thing

As per many other threads BS EN 590.

IMHO performance dervs are a great marketing tool that deprives people of money and probably keeps normal diesel that touch cheaper.

If you want to buy it do please do so and keep funding the major oil companies profits, so keeping me in cheaper fuel.

See also this post on another thread:

http://briskoda.net/general-car-chat/another-supermarket-vs-brand-debate/145567/#post1696275

If you want the same effect at a lower per tank cost I'd search out additives that contain semi-nitrogenated aliphatic keto-ethylene organic improver liquids. ;)