Skoda BT car kit and HTC Hero

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you lot have the HTC Hero and the Skoda BT carkit?

I have the Bury 9060 kit in my company car, and that only syncs the names not the numbers. Wondering if that was the same for the HTC Hero.

Or if anyone is close to Eccles with the Skoda BT kit, and doesn't mind me testing it with the Hero, please let me know.

Cheers in advance!

:thumbup:

I'll have mine up and running later this week hopefully, just waiting for a few parts from Jorily at the moment. When it's sorted I'll give you a shout and you can test it on mine if you like :)

Steve

The HTC Hero is basically an upgraded t-mobile g1 with a flashier front screen, and the G1 works fully with the Skoda OE bluetooth kit in my car, so you should not have any problems.

Well I'm not sure with the Skoda one...but with the Bury kit it only syncs my name and not numbers with the TyTn2 (With current Rom) However my old Rom worked fine.

With the HTC Magic all names and numbers synced flawlessly.

With HTC Hero on Orange all names but no numbers sync.

Getting the HTC Hero (G2 Touch) tomorrow so will test that as well with the bury and let you know.

Seems to be hit and miss and depends on the ROM.

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick question...does the BT car kit cache the addresses? Or load them each time it connects?

How does this work with multiple phones if caching? How many phones can it cache?!

Cheers guys

Well I'm not sure with the Skoda one...but with the Bury kit it only syncs my name and not numbers with the TyTn2 (With current Rom)
My TyTn2 (albeit Vodafone branded) fully syncs with the Skoda BT unit...

My TyTn2 (albeit Vodafone branded) fully syncs with the Skoda BT unit...

Cheers, I've found some roms that sync everything and some roms that just sync names and no numbers. Unfortuantley the rom I liked only did names!! :mad:

But thats in the past now, as the TyTn2 has been relegated to the drawer and the Hero is main phone :thumbup: Love android!

Android is awesome.

For a start this forum renders properly compared to pocket ie.

Also if you want slick interface and don't want to be stuck with an iPhone then this is your only option. I for one can't stand apple and what they do. (My opinion only)

I think the devices are still early days yet. But in my opinion this is best smart phone out at the moment.

I don't think it's strictly your only option.

There are still some good Windows Mobile phones to be had if you choose wisely.

I recently got a HTC Touch Diamond2 and am mightily impressed. The Touch-Flo interface is deep enough to do most things without seeing clunky ole' Windows Mobile. Plus I'll get the gratis upgrade to WinMo 6.5 later this year when it's released.

The thing that swung it for me was that the phone gets used for work too. When all the office software, exchange, etc is all MS then it makes for an easy life with an MS based phone. And unlike the iPhone it can do more than one thing at once!

The forum looks fine on the Opera Browser that comes with the phone.

Niall

I don't like touch screens because I can't walk around writing a text with one hand with the phone by my side, not needing to look at the screen. Opera mini runs fine on my phone and connects to my work exchange server too. It supports HSDPA, so browsing speed is pretty good (And I'm not always looking for WLAN before I can do anything). MGmaps runs very nicely with the GPS (Its like google maps only free and has more up to date mapping and higher resolution than google maps has for my area), it will run a few things at the same time (But it is still a phone and not a PDA, so it doesn't happen often) and best of all given the Irish climate, the phone is waterproof (To IP54 anyway) :)...