parking sensor - revisiting an old questions

now that things of settled down a bit with the car I have the time to focus on the parking sensors again. they are still not behaving as I expected them to and as they did when we first bought the car. what I am after is a "show of hands" from those of you who have parking sensors that behave the way I think they should. ie tell me if ,after you have activated the sensors by putting the car in reverse, you then have the option to disable the front sensors only by pressing the button near the gear lever.

when i previously asked this question there were a mix of replies and the thread went off at a tangent a bit !! :) I am not asking for discussion on the merits of having parking sensors or not, debate on why you cant simply judge where the front of the car is, how good or bad park asist is etc etc. simple tell me please....

"Once the sensors have been activated, does pressing the button turn off the fronts only (like the demo car i tried and like the way my car behaved for the first 2 months) or does it turn off front and rear simultaneously (like my car does now) "

many thanks for your anticipated assistance - i simply need evidence / ammunition to take to my dealer.

cheers

Same here only the fronts

EDIT Sorry just tried it and it is both the front and rear that turn off

I'm sure the demo car i had only the fronts turned off but i could be wrong

Edited by Richf

Hello in my car only front goes off on the rear they still working, if you want a advice don´t let anyone to put the hand in your car, because for instance here were i live in Portugal there is no machines or techinal stuff to work on in skoda new models and the importer don´t care and the factory skoda it self don´t do nothing and don´t answer the questions of the clients that have troubles they don´t know to answer, so i bought a skoda superb by 35000€ and the car is worst car until today i have, here they have lost to sell 12 cars to my firm because of their position, he bought a top car that in the end no one were knows to solve problems in it

Regards:)

Both front and rear turn off on mine.

Got to be a coding issue, and one that should be easily sorted. My car is going in for a new Columbus unit next week, so I'll raise this issue then.

Just as an aside, for those of you whose button turns off only the front sensors, does another press turn off the rears?

Bagpuss.

Both front and rear turn off on mine.

Got to be a coding issue, and one that should be easily sorted. My car is going in for a new Columbus unit next week, so I'll raise this issue then.

Just as an aside, for those of you whose button turns off only the front sensors, does another press turn off the rears?

Bagpuss.

yes - 2nd press woull turn off the rears

I asked my dealer to look at the coding and they said there is nothing they could do. they compared to another car they had and as this turned both front and rears off they siad my car must me OK. its not the same as it was before they messed about trying to solve the alarm but they wont believe me !!

so a bit inconclusive then. looks there is a mix of "front only" and "front and rear". problem is that when the only other car the dealer has in stock with full parking sensors behaves the same as mine I have a tough job convincing them it is not working as it should !!

so a bit inconclusive then. looks there is a mix of "front only" and "front and rear". problem is that when the only other car the dealer has in stock with full parking sensors behaves the same as mine I have a tough job convincing them it is not working as it should !!

Pressing the button disables front and rear or enables if you have not selected reverse gear, selecting reverse enables front and rear automaticaly. Trust me that is the way it should work! :)