New VRs- spec question!

I'm starting to go off the vRS, because of this stupid rule of only having a MFSW on a DSG vehicle, I might just say sod it and go for a 1,8 TSi Elegance instead which is better equipped & cheaper too...

If the 1.8TSI is anything like the Mk1's 1.8T, then you'll love it.

I went the way of the elegance over the VRS when I upgraded my Mk1 to mk2 beacuse for the money, I actually didnt enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to. plus it had next to no creature comforts I'm now used to.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm you can only have the Bluetooth® and telephone function for multi-function steering wheel and Maxi-dot option with the DSG box, it's a £480 option.

I must admit I'm starting to go off the vRS, because of this stupid rule of only having a MFSW on a DSG vehicle, I might just say sod it and go for a 1,8 TSi Elegance instead which is better equipped & cheaper too...

The reason I'm saying that is that I'm not sure I could live with a DSG box!

Yeti looking more attractive now.... Only wanted a vRS for the 'sportyness' but as a rep who's on the phone constantly, no Bluetooth option, isn't an option for me. Never have I heard such a stupid situation!!!

DTD now have the bluetooth, MFSW pack listed as a £480 extra on the manual gearbox. Hope this is correct!

BUY A NEW SKODA OCTAVIA HATCHBACK

2.0T FSI vRS 5dr

Please indicate any options required and click [Get your discounted price]

Manufacturer's List Price On the Road

Options

Manufacturer's List Total

Note: We discount the cost of these options below by the same percentage that we discount the cost of the car. We have displayed below the Manufacturers List Price of the options, but when you get a quote you will be charged less. Many of our competitors do not discount the options.

Tick to Include Option Name Cost

3 spoke multifunction steering wheel with audio and phone controls + Bluetooth £480.00

(No Cost Option) 3 spoke vRS sports steering wheel £.00

Acoustic parking sensors - front + rear £500.00

Acoustic parking sensors - rear £260.00

Auto dimming rear view mirror/rain sensor + light assistant £149.99

Curtain airbags £280.00

DVD Sat Nav colour touch screen/radio/6CD/MP3/SD card slot/20GB hard drive £1,540.00

Electric tilt/slide sunroof £665.00

Heated front seats £250.00

Maxidot £125.01

Metallic paint £400.00

Mobile device interface £149.99

Pearlescent paint £400.00

Rear sunblind £60.00

(No Cost Option) Solid paint £.00

Variable boot floor £135.00

Xenon headlights including headlight washers £550.00

I think I'd rather stick to what's in the official SUK Octavia brochure, than DTD, at least you know if it's in the brochure you know what you're going to get.

Also have you checked the compatibility of your phone with the SUK Bluetooth system, it has to have certain features for it to work with the cars Bluetooth system.

The list is in the brochure or here.

Mobile phones compatible with the Bluetooth® system

Nokia N71

Nokia N72

Nokia N73

Nokia N76

Nokia N77

Nokia N80

Nokia N81

Nokia N91

Nokia N92

Nokia N93

Nokia N93i

Nokia N95

Nokia E50

Nokia E60

Nokia E61

Nokia E61i

Nokia E65

Nokia E70

Nokia E90

Nokia 2630

Nokia 2760

Nokia 3109 classic

Nokia 3110 classic

Nokia 3250 XpressMusic

Nokia 3500 classic

Nokia 5200

Nokia 5300 XpressMusic

Nokia 5500 Sport

Nokia 5700 XpressMusic

Nokia 6021

Nokia 6085

Nokia 6086

Nokia 6103

Nokia 6110 Navigator

Nokia 6111

Nokia 6120 classic

Nokia 6121 classic

Nokia 6125

Nokia 6131

Nokia 6151

Nokia 6230

Nokia 6230i

Nokia 6233

Nokia 6234

Nokia 6267

Nokia 6270

Nokia 6280

Nokia 6288

Nokia 6290

Nokia 6300

Nokia 6500 classic

Nokia 6500 slide

Nokia 6810

Nokia 6820

Nokia 6822

Nokia 7360

Nokia 7370

Nokia 7373

Nokia 7390

Nokia 7500 Prism

Nokia 7900 Prism

Nokia 8600 Luna

Nokia 8800

Nokia 9300

Nokia 9300i

Nokia 9500 (SW>5.22)

Vertu Ascent

Philips 768

Philips 960

Samsung SGH-U700

Samsung SGU-U760

Siemens S65

Siemens CX75

Siemens SK65

Siemens M75

Siemens SP65

Siemens S75

Siemens SL75

Siemens SXG75

Benq-Siemens S68

Benq-Siemens E71

Benq-Siemens EL71

Benq-Siemens C81

Benq-Siemens M81

Mobile phones on the ‘3’ network are incompatible with the Bluetooth® phone preparation on Octavia.

The phones on ‘3’ are unable to switch to rSAP mode and will therefore not work on this system.

HTH.

hehe the first thing I do when getting into my car is turn the phone off, but thankfully I have a job where I dont need to be on the phone all the time, people can wait till I'm finsihed driving!

In my job it's obligatory to turn the phone off, it's not optional.

I was thinking about the Bluetooth option for the car but I can't guarantee that my current or next phone will be compatible with the car so was discounted, also sometimes it's nice to be totally incommunicado!

Just you on your own, with your own thoughts, in your own private little space.

the DTD website only gives you the pre FL option list. Its as bad as the SUK website. if you are looking for a correct spec (one that matches the brochure at least!) then autoebid has it correct,even down to the perforated leather option!

excellent

I wonder how long it takes after the build to arrive in the uk..I imagine they wait till they have a full load to ship?!

I'm a tad excited!

Mine has been in the hands of the transport company since yesterday and the dealer has told me 2 to 3 weeks before I can collect it from them.

Your almost as excited as I am........... roll on September :P

I am, I am :D

Been and had a look at 2 estates today in Mitchells blue and black both still had delivery protection on them, but its the first ones I seen in the flesh, I defo like the new frontend and alloys and the steering wasnt that bad really, nice feel to it. The blue petrol one was already sold.

Just as a matter of interest, does the maxidot come fitted if I spec the Columbus head unit? The brochure says it does, so I'd guess if I'm paying 1500 quid for a satnav, it would come with the maxidot?

****ed about no phone connection on the manual. I'm kinda bummed about that one.:thumbdwn:

Finally went and test drove a car today. Asked for a VRS diesel, but when I turned up it was a pre-facelift! Wasn't really keen to bother, but salesman thought I could 'get a feel of the engine'!!!!! :rolleyes: Still, gave it a go and came back somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. Salesman must have sensed my reaction, because he asked me to tey a FL VRS estate (petrol DSG). Gave that a go, purely to test the quality. Well, it was in a different league as far as I'm concerned. The interior quality is streets ahead of a pre-facelift. It felt like a completely different car. It was well specced with Columbus sat nav and MFSW, but it definitely stopped me walking away completely. It was also confirmed that you CANNOT have a MFSW without the DSG gearbox (but then he also thought the foglamps and running lights were optional extras!). Still mulling over a decision. It would come down to figures at the end of the day, but very much liked the car. . (Also, does the standard touch screen radio give the same sound quality as the Columbus system?)

Finally went and test drove a car today. Asked for a VRS diesel, but when I turned up it was a pre-facelift! Wasn't really keen to bother, but salesman thought I could 'get a feel of the engine'!!!!! :rolleyes: Still, gave it a go and came back somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. Salesman must have sensed my reaction, because he asked me to tey a FL VRS estate (petrol DSG). Gave that a go, purely to test the quality. Well, it was in a different league as far as I'm concerned. The interior quality is streets ahead of a pre-facelift. It felt like a completely different car. It was well specced with Columbus sat nav and MFSW, but it definitely stopped me walking away completely. It was also confirmed that you CANNOT have a MFSW without the DSG gearbox (but then he also thought the foglamps and running lights were optional extras!). Still mulling over a decision. It would come down to figures at the end of the day, but very much liked the car. . (Also, does the standard touch screen radio give the same sound quality as the Columbus system?)

regarding the stereo..probably unless it was the upgraded sound system

but by all accounts the Bolero seems a pretty good standard fit..its an option on a Golf (RCD510 i think is the VW equivalent) I assume the symphony is the audi equivalent...also seems to be an optional fit for a fair bit of the range

no idea about SEAT and what they use though..I think the in car stuff we get from skoda has come on leaps and bounds since my mk1 vrs!

I've sent an email to Skoda UK and asked the question.... I'll post it up when/if I get a reply...

As usual, email any of the manufacturers and you get no joy - to$$ers, all of them! So, I phoned 'customer [no] service' and spoke to some young girl with a hell of a cold, asked if its possible to have bluetooth phone prep with a multi function steering wheel on a car with a manual 'box. After a bit of rustling of paper & her reading the sales brochure to me (thought I could read!), she said bluetooth/mfs is only available with a DSG 'box! Didn't have much confidence in her as I think she was just looking at the brochure but what else can I do? These people are so inept they don't deserve any sales! Pathetic....:mad:

As usual, email any of the manufacturers and you get no joy - to$$ers, all of them! So, I phoned 'customer [no] service' and spoke to some young girl with a hell of a cold, asked if its possible to have bluetooth phone prep with a multi function steering wheel on a car with a manual 'box. After a bit of rustling of paper & her reading the sales brochure to me (thought I could read!), she said bluetooth/mfs is only available with a DSG 'box! Didn't have much confidence in her as I think she was just looking at the brochure but what else can I do? These people are so inept they don't deserve any sales! Pathetic....:mad:

Unless Skoda change their policy, then there in no option of a MFSW UNLESS you have DSG.

Well discussed here, and even says so on the brochure ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I had the VRS as a definite choice, but the refusal of dealers to come anywhere near the DtD price made me have a rethink. Torn now between the VRs and a Mazda 6 Sport. The Mazda is much better equipped than the Skoda and looks great. It's a touch more expensive though.

Hard work this car buying lark!!