Is it possible to disable the auto headlight washers?.........

Headlight washers will not need to be working for the MOT. It will be possible to disconnect them but not sure about re-programming the way the work. Why do you want to disconnect them anyway?

Andy

Because I like to keep my car nicely detailed and it annoys me that the front end of the car gets misted in water, not just the headlights, when they fire up :thumbdwn:

there is a handy cheat to stop them working. When youve got your lights on and you dont want them to engage just flick the wiper spray quickly and nothing will come out on the first try. youve then got 4 attempts to clean you screen without them coming on again.

Yep, just give them a quick flick and they washers won't have time to operate. They work under water pressure so won't have the time to cut in if you are quick. :)

Following on from the last post. This is the route I have taken with mine.

There are two settable times within VCDS:

One is the delay time - This sets how long the main washer has to be active before washing your lights.

The other is the time that the light washers are active once initiated.

With the latest version of VCDS the info file is good and it tells you which value is which. IIRC it is in the convenience module long coding.

I set the delay time to 10 seconds so that it never washes the lights. The car gets washed at least once a week and if required in winter can easily be reset to the standard value or somewhere inbetween.

Will the washer fluid still go through the headlight washer lines even though the fuse has been taken out? Basically what is the fuse for:

~ is it to stop the washer arm from moving out but the fluid will still go through, or

~ does it stop all washer action - both mechanical and liquid

It's just a thought, i don't intend on changing the way my washers work - they're great when you have a group of people near the front of the car!!! :D