dump valve on vrs

hi im after a bit of help i have had a dump valve fitted by the derv doctor ages ago an i was wanting to remove it as i want to put it back to standard so my question is can i just remove it an fit he pipe that was originally on an thats it or is it programmed in to my ecu or something i dont no much about them i just wanted to take it of.:confused:

thanks

Yeah haha - Its on the to do list for me! :rofl:

No, really. There's no throttle on a diesel to protect, and the turbo's already got a wastegate, so a DV will serve no practical purpose. A CD of DV noises would be just as effective and loads cheaper! :P

No, really. There's no throttle on a diesel to protect, and the turbo's already got a wastegate, so a DV will serve no practical purpose. A CD of DV noises would be just as effective and loads cheaper! :P

thanks.gif

I would thank you twice for this .... if I could :)

thanks.gif

Edited by ap0gee

How's that for abuse of privileges? :rofl:

Love it :)

There is a red furby vRS down the street from me and he has one and it really does sound like a bus. On a diesel it's not needed, it's not big and it's not clever. Save the money and invest in brakes / clutch / rarb / remap and if you have all of those done and still have money to burn on a DV, then chop the fecker in and buy a petrol where it works :)