BTCC pictures from Knockhill

MudPuppy

I was at Knockhill on Sunday for the BTCC, as usual. It was a great day of racing, despite the midwinter-type weather we had for most of the day!

I took 'a few' pictures too ... we were stood in pretty much the same place all day though so there ain't much variety to the pictures, but anyway:

Part 1: Touring cars

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like :)

Christ...what settings did you use?! To pan and get a clear shot of the car and a blurry background is difficult!

My pictures didn't come anywhere near as good as those!

I usually stick the camera on Shutter Priority, at around 80 - 125/sec depending on what the light's like, but as it was gloomy all day I kept it at the slow end of that range. The 'extreme panning' I used on the Ginetta pic was on Aperture priority (F13 i think it was) but it was really tricky to get a decent picture like that!

Excellent Pics as always Kay, pity the weather hadn't been better.

Take it you done your usual took 1,000 pics and binned 700 :D

Yeah the weather was pretty typical. This was the state of the hill all morning :D

DSC_0028.jpg

I kept my number of pics below 4 figures this time (mainly as I didn't want the camera getting rain-damaged) :o

Yeah the weather was pretty typical. This was the state of the hill all morning :D

DSC_0028.jpg

Yuck, glad I stayed in bed and watched in on Telly now :D Maybe next year the weather will be be better, shame as the other days I've had a Knockhill this year were cracking.

Yuck, glad I stayed in bed and watched in on Telly now :D Maybe next year the weather will be be better, shame as the other days I've had a Knockhill this year were cracking.

I quite like it when the weather's grim there, makes it more interesting :D Besides I borrowed some waterproofs from work so it wasn't that bad! :rolleyes:

very good :D

btcc2009 :: DSC_0173.jpg picture by palmer_hollins - Photobucket

File Name: DSC_0173.jpg

File Size: 115 kb - 799 x 531

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION

Camera Model: NIKON D40

Date/Time: 2009:08:16 11:56:11

Resolution: 799 x 531

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 78.0mm (35mm equivalent: 117m...

Exposure Time: 0.0100 s (1/100)

Aperture: f/25.0

ISO Equiv.: 400

Exposure Bias: -0.33

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)

I'm starting to play with camera's so you have been very helpful

It was a great couple of days...seeing Gordon Shedden being punted off right in front of me and the Legend losing it on the first lap. Car now covered in something that rhymes with bright but hey ho...

It p-d down for two days but on the Sunday afternoon, I acquired a sun tan, somehow...

Great pics btw.

Kay I hate you! :P Top work as expected!

Vaulkhard pic - panning AND flames! :eek:

We're hoping to follow the BTCC all round the country next year so maybe see you up there! :thumbup:

Edited by PastyBoy