Fabia I The Dub Fabia - Pr0j3ct Gr33n

Conor-vRS

Well ownership of this fab started last november,after having a silver one which was wrote off by a drunk driver.:thumbdwn:

2006,27k on the clock,leather and cruise control options.

HPIM0620Medium.jpg

HPIM0626Medium.jpg

Always had a fair idea of the route i was going to take (euro),but funds restricted me from getting the rims i wanted.LCRS,lamin-x front lights and fogs,debadging,de-wipering and c/c grill soon followed the weitec coilies...

Meet.jpg

HPIM0681Medium.jpg

HPIM0683Medium.jpg

After finally getting sick of the standard rims,i decided i needed some cheap rims to keep me happy until i was able to afford the rimmage i wanted.Saw these on a local forum,in poor shape.So snapped them up and got them polished!Also fitted 20mm spacers to the rear...stance anyone?:thumbup:

HPIM0746.jpg

HPIM0748.jpg

HPIM0749.jpg

HPIM0744.jpg

The car was in a few shows like this,but i was quickly bored.so for the castlewellan show i decided to go a little loopy for ****s and giggles!:rofl:

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

Yellow lamin-x,custom vinyl for badges,the skoda badge with vinyl of the 'concept' skoda badge,green inserts on comps!Calipers painted flourescent green.

Won best skoda in show!:eek::thumbup:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting bored of the novelty,i decided to paint the inserts black again...

HPIM0801.jpg

HPIM0799.jpg

HPIM0798.jpg

Out of total chance one day when getting the car aligined,spotted these gathering dust in a corner.All brand new,garage had ordered them and the guy never came back to collect them,they had been lying there for a couple of years.

HPIM0817Medium.jpg

5X130 to 5X100 30mm (rear) and 25mm (front) H&R adapters were purchased,and against the 52 offset gave a nice spacing of 10 and 5 mm against the comps.Also changed the laminx to dark again,but kept the yellow fogs...

HPIM0859Medium.jpg

HPIM0858Medium.jpg

HPIM0857Medium.jpg

HPIM0855Medium.jpg

HPIM0854Medium.jpg

HPIM0853Medium.jpg

Love the wee car,and they are uber-rare over here,so it gets a huge amount of attention!I know some of the mods are a little random and not to everyones taste,but i have plans in my head of what the car will look like,so until i can afford that,ill just keep messing around with different looks!:P

All C&C welcome!:thumbup:

great looking car! love it on the comps, dont spose you have a photo direct from behind of how wide it is do you?

Apart from the 7th pic down naw mate!but it ran pretty feckin wide on the 20mm spacers!lol

And by rear helpers do you mean adjusters?!If so no,adjusters were never in!:thumbup:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Havent been on in a while, so ill update...

Well i got the weitecs & twists sold about 6 weeks ago. Pretty much immediately, i bought these....

HPIM1006Medium.jpg

HPIM1008Medium.jpg

HPIM1012Medium.jpg

Gotti g001s, 16x8 et8 & 16x9 et24, 5x120 BMW fitment. In almost perfect condition, never been split! Apparently forged in June 1998!

Also...

HPIM0984Medium.jpg

Rayvern air kit, which me and a couple of mates are fitting. Still waiting on the custom front shocks to arrive!

Then got the tyres on the gottis...

HPIM1045.jpg

HPIM1047.jpg

195/40s on 9s!lol

Anyway, ill keep all updated, front shocks should be on their way, and also still waiting on custom adapters, as the mental offsets mean i have to get them as shallow as possible! :p

• 3 weeks later...

That's insane stretch. Wonder when it actually becomes illegal? I think it's when you can see the inside of the rim?

I think its a grey area. As far as i know as long as there is no thread past the wheel arch its ok!

Yeah it's a very grey area. MOT spec is tread outside of the arches, C&UR advises about things that are "unsafe... causing injury to pedestrians/other road users" (paraphrased). Some po-po have argued that having the wheel stuck out is a danger to peds, but then again, the wing mirrors are out further, and surely Atoms/Westfields/Caterams all have "outboard" wheels and they're perfectly legal. You can argue that Japs have done it for years, even drifting on massively stretched tyres, and HotRodders have been doing it for far longer. But you can also argue that some tyre manufuactuers publish "approved sizes" for their tyres and figment beyond those cause breach something in the C&UR.

Like I said, very grey!

I personally wouldn't run that much stretch, but I drive my car hard :)

Will look awesome on the air though, and I love the Gotti's!

conor........looks the nuts mate, i actually like the cheaper wheels you put on, really suit the car.is the c/c grille easy to fit? i got an octy in black but im sure the process is similar.