Dubmeister plates

The surround was one of two prototype pairs that Quinten bought prior to doing a Group Buy on here.

You can get the same sort of holder but without the writing from Dubmeister - Dubmeister - Where performance meets style! - and click on "Surrounds" on the left hand side.

One of the members on here - Petr - has brought a few pairs back from the Czech Republic in the past - he may have some left. See his post in http://briskoda.net/items-wanted/skoda-auto-mlada-boleslav-plate-surrounds/145421/#post1702296 and drop him a PM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just thought of something which might make these plates illegal

from what i can remember from working with plates as i do, NOTHING can be within 10mm of any of the letters or numbers on the plate, and clearly the Dubmeister logo and postcode at the bottom being as large as it is, comes closer than this, can anyone confirm that this is the law/regulation ?

could you measure the logo please for its height, as i know for CERTAIN it cant be any higher than 13mm

Edited by BRUN

it is textured though isnt it, the characters are raised

It could be argued that that isn't "textured" the finish on the characters is the same as the plate, only non reflective.

it is textured though isnt it, the characters are raised

But it says 3D characters are allowed, which by definition must been they have some "texture". If they are flat they are 2D.

So you could interpret that as meaning the characters can be raised as long as the background is flat and not textured?

The "Texture" of a surface and the "Profile" of a surface are two different things.

A surface with a raised profile can also have a smooth texture.

If this went to court then it would be splitting hairs and really our courts should be better employed.

bit dubious of sending my docs over, maybe they would accept a scanned copy from myself by email, i have a good scanner
Brun, you can't fax them it has to be scanned. I just ordered some Wurth surrounds that are lockable, hopefully I shall get them tomorrow. Just need to sort transfer of my plate so I can get them on my car, lol

:thumbup:

So this metal raised text font is a replication of what is found on German vehicles?

as vRS G60 says they are the correct font. If you check back I posted a number of pictures including my new ones next to my old ones so you can see they are the same