Folding back seat...

Can anyone fold the back seat down on a Fabia without having to move the bloody front seats forward, thus losing the exact driving position!? It's a damn nuisance, only car I've had with the problem and I've had smaller cars before!

"Often have a drum kit in the back" rant over!:D

You can easily remove the rear seat bottoms by un hooking them. I also find it is the best way of cleaning and drying them is when they are out of the car.

The first thing I did with my car on the first day was to remove the rear headrests to significantly improve the rear viability.

You can easily remove the rear seat bottoms by un hooking them. I also find it is the best way of cleaning and drying them is when they are out of the car.

The first thing I did with my car on the first day was to remove the rear headrests to significantly improve the rear viability.

I can't say I have had a problem with rear visability in the Fabia with rear headrests in place!!! Had far worse cars over the years Opel Manta Coupe Excusive for one!! Plus thats what you door mirrors are for, sound like you need to drive a Box van for a while.

Simon

I'm a professional driver. I have been for years, currently I drive a 7 ton truck round central London all day, often laden with tons of bricks etc. I use my side mirrors more than my rearview as a matter of habit. Before that I drove a Bus for a living... I took my rear head rests out too... For exactly the same reason... You can't ever have too much visibility... I am sure it is a wise decision Jim.

I also believe the rear speakers are a little clearer without them in, which is a nice little side effect. I also removed all stickers etc from my windows too. Have done that on every car I've owned. I used to ride a motorbike when I was young, perhaps thats why I'm so OCD about being able to see as much as possible???:D

I can fold em down with out moving the chair.. but It's a given you have to pop out the headrests to do it.. that's what those little holes are for in the back of the base.. You shove thier posts in there! Only problem is when your moving something dirty like a bike.. they do end to get marked in that storage position.

All that's Said.. I'm only 5'7 so my seat's not exactly at the end of the runners ;)

Hah, yes I do know the headrests come out! And that the seat bases pop out... it's just that even with the seats at a normal driving position (I'm only 5'10) you can't simply fold the back seat down without moving the seats forward, then adjusting them back again afterwards.

And I took the middle headrest out of my old focus because the rear visibility was rubbish otherwise!

If you have to move the drivers seat forward a bit to fold down the rears, then that is what you have to do, no way round it I'm afraid. Only other solution is buy a bigger car/van.

....that's what those little holes are for in the back of the base.. You shove thier posts in there!

Seriously that's what they are for?! :eek:

I always bung mine under the front seats and moan when they come out filthy!

you learn something new everyday! :rolleyes:

I only ever put the rear seats in for carrying passengers - rest of the time it's a van. Problem is somewhere to keep the seats (they take up a lot of room), but taking out and putting in only takes a couple of minutes.

Another shorty here so don't need to move the driver's seat, however do need to shift the passenger seat after my partner has been in there. The removable seats are really great but hardly anybody seems to realise how easy it is. The Felicia's were even better though :-)

JON