Sept 1st 2p fuel duty increase

'daiking'

Yup. Another increase when the vat goes back up in December. That'll be another 2p+, kaching, and another 2p+ in March 2010, kaching.:mad:

Add to that future increases due to the increasing price of crude as demand goes back up due to the alledged ending of the recession (where exactly please?) and we'll soon be looking at £1:20 + a litre plus again.

Whoopee ! :thumbdwn:

Yup. Another increase when the vat goes back up in December. That'll be another 2p+, kaching, and another 2p+ in March 2010, kaching.:mad:

Add to that future increases due to the increasing price of crude as demand goes back up due to the alledged ending of the recession (where exactly please?) and we'll soon be looking at £1:20 + a litre plus again.

Whoopee ! :thumbdwn:

You forget to add the pound tanking against every real currency out there. Makes us more competitive donchaknow.

The lengths people go to to save less than a quid! :rolleyes: All the petrol stations I spotted on Saturday's trans-Pennine run had already put their prices up anyway, to get a couple of days' "free" cash... :rotz:

The lengths people go to to save less than a quid! :rolleyes:

Au contraire. After 450 miles on a tank this weekend I really need to fill up today so I've given myself 10 minutes extra in bed tomorrow morning :thumbup:

I would be surprised if I pay the same, 97.9p a litre, any time soon.

I have noticed over the past few weeks its been creeping back up after it dropped for a while !

Robbing ******* government !

We will be taxed for ****ing breathing next

:thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad:

Stuff it. That's it. I'm going to voluntarily join the vat club so I can at least get something back through my business mileage/useage.

More ruddy unpaid tax collectors paper work, but I'll at least be able to smile a little at the fuel pumps I suppose.:rolleyes:

Tesco cooking oil anyone? 40p a litre... shame its 'illegal'

Since whem? News to me. :confused:

Not recommended for use in virtually any modern diesel though, granted. :rotz:

40p a litre is mighty cheap btw. All branches of Tesco?

Wish I'd kept my old LR Disco now........................................no I don't.;)

It's only illegal if you use some stupendous amount, and then only if you don't declare it to the taxman. I think even on the relatively large annual mileage I do (ca. 16k), I'd be within my allowance. Trouble is, it really needs to be heated thoroughly first to reduce the water content - hence the popularity of used chip fat...

I have noticed over the past few weeks its been creeping back up after it dropped for a while !

Robbing ******* government !

We will be taxed for ****ing breathing next

:thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad:

In March or so, our local Jet was 89.9/89.9 unleaded/diesel.

It's basically crept up a penny at a time over the intervening six months - as of Saturday it was 103.9/103.9 (usually unleaded has lagged a penny behind). As I don't have a car to go check till 2pm ( :) ) I dunno what'll happen today :D

So fuel with now be about 80% taxation if you include VAT.

Still cheaper here than France and Germany though, according to the BBC (although I think they were talking about petrol, not sure about diesel).

Personally I'd be happy if they increased fuel duty even more but scrapped road tax. I have no problem with "pay as you drive" (and I do 25k PA so it would probably be bad news for me personally).

I think we're going to have to get used to this for the next decade or so. Labour has put Britain into massive debt and the Tories are staying quiet because they know they will have to do more of the same when (please, let it be so...) they get into power.

Noticed at our garage on the way back from work last night that people have started panic buying already to save 2p!!

Not going to bother me at the moment as I hardly use the car at the moment.

But I think it is a disgrace as I have heard on the radio this morning that we are paying about 70% tax on fuel at the moment!

But I think it is a disgrace as I have heard on the radio this morning that we are paying about 70% tax on fuel at the moment!

How much do you think we should be paying in tax/duty on our fuel then?

And if it's less than 70%, what do you propose we increase the tax on, or cut spending on, to make up the shortfall?

(I'm just making a point here, that it's easy to moan about tax when you don't have to balance the books. For the record, I'd personally like to see the wellfare state reduced, that would be my target)

the Tories are staying quiet because they know they will have to do more of the same when (please, let it be so...) they get into power.

Not one for missing a 'points scoring' opportunity to win over the voters normally, but yes, not a squeak of support or understanding for the hard pressed taxed to death road user on this ocassion.

Don't be expecting any warm and cuddly favours there then ey? :rolleyes: