Toyo T1-R's dilemma

bunnchris

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a set of toyo's for the vrs and have been looking around.

valuetyres.co.uk seem to be doing the Toyo T1-R 87W 205/45 R16W for £69.54 a corner which sounds good fully fitted.

But my dilemma is that they are also doing Toyo PXT1-R 87W 205/45 R16W for £92.10 a corner and I'll be damned if I know what the difference is!!

Help please.

Thanks

Had a look on the Toyo site and can't seem to see a PX T1R, There appears to be a CF1 but the CF1 is not in the "ultra" high performance section like the T1R.

I've got T1R's on mine and they are fine seem to wear reasonably quick though. I'd have them again. £60 odd quid a corner fitted is good money mine were about £86 fitted I think.

Regards Chris

E-mailed them asking the difference, will post any response I get :)

It's got me curious to find out although £69.54 all in is probably the cheapest I've seen. Last place I used (tyretraders) did them for around £75 each fitted.

Hey everyone. Thanks for helping. Nice to know its not just me being stupid.

When I do get some, in case anyone else is looking I've found a code for a 10% discount as well. Just put FVT10 into the voucher code bit at checkout. That makes the toyos about £63 per corner fully fitted. Brilliant price.

Thanks for helpng everyone.

its £130 fully fitted so that includes everything =D

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong message, but:

£130 for supplied,fitted and balanced for a set of 4????

Where?

If correct: what tyre size?

Event Mobile Tyres will do two Toyo T1Rs 216/40/16, fully fitted/balanced at your home or work for £135.60 (cheaper if more tyres ordered).

Ive used them for several years - top notch IMO.

Edited by Jules59
typ[o

Event Mobile Tyres will do two Toyo T1Rs 216/40/16, fully fitted/balanced at your home or work for £135.60 (cheaper if more tyres ordered).

Ive used them for several years - top notch IMO.

Always have to go one better I think dont ya! I normally just get 215's not 216's! hehe!

Seems expensive as I can get the same tyre at 53 quid a corner delivered, so your paying 30 quid to fit 2 tyres?

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a set of toyo's for the vrs and have been looking around.

valuetyres.co.uk seem to be doing the Toyo T1-R 87W 205/45 R16W for £69.54 a corner which sounds good fully fitted.

But my dilemma is that they are also doing Toyo PXT1-R 87W 205/45 R16W for £92.10 a corner and I'll be damned if I know what the difference is!!

Help please.

Thanks

Strange, as I can't account for the price difference there. The PX part of the second product code is just Toyo's internal notation for Proxes (PX). Although you rarely see this listed on tyre seller's lists. Put simply, they're both the same tyre. But why the price difference? You got me there - maybe ring them and ask? :rubchin:

As for sidewall rigidity, you nearly always get the 'XL' ('x'tra load, or a re-inforced sidewall) version these days, but it's still worth checking. But this is always listed after the tyre model anyway, so won't help you work out the difference in this case :)

HTH,

Steve

Well what are the issues with larger side walls matey? As that might be the answer to your question

speedo and mileage reading incorrectly due to different rolling radius

over reading due to tyres with too large a profile and i'm guessing under reading with a too small a profile.....

speedo and mileage reading incorrectly due to different rolling radius

over reading due to tyres with too large a profile and i'm guessing under reading with a too small a profile.....

You're right as far as it goes then. That said you've got the issue backwards. An increased RR makes your speedo under-read (show lower than previously) and vice versa, and a speedo may not under-read, but may over-read by up to 10% (so 77mph indicated may actually only be 70mpg ground speed).

You're right as far as it goes then. That said you've got the issue backwards. An increased RR makes your speedo under-read (show lower than previously) and vice versa, and a speedo may not under-read, but may over-read by up to 10% (so 77mph indicated may actually only be 70mpg ground speed).

:doh: was right in my head - i've only just put 4 new tyres on but in future think i'll always still stick with buying the right sized tyres!!

Strange, as I can't account for the price difference there. The PX part of the second product code is just Toyo's internal notation for Proxes (PX). Although you rarely see this listed on tyre seller's lists. Put simply, they're both the same tyre. But why the price difference? You got me there - maybe ring them and ask? :rubchin:

As for sidewall rigidity, you nearly always get the 'XL' ('x'tra load, or a re-inforced sidewall) version these days, but it's still worth checking. But this is always listed after the tyre model anyway, so won't help you work out the difference in this case :)

HTH,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

So I gave them a ring and asked them about it and the guy said that the more expensive ones had just been delivered and were a new version of the tyre. Both of them have the reinforced sidewall but I can't find any mention of a new version on Toyo's website.

Strange.

Chris.

Ahhh, interesting. Yes, this does make sense as there was talk about Toyo introducing a new compound and slightly different tread pattern design, but oddly not changing the model name (like they did from T1-S to T1-R).

I've also seen a bit of feedback saying the new ones aren't as good, so if it were me I'd stick to the older (and cheaper!) version.

You could talk to Toyo direct as well. I've done this in the past about various technical questions and found them to be a helpful bunch. Toyo UK: Contact Us

Steve

I bought my T1Rs from Camskill for about 60 a corner then paid a branch of 'Top Gear' £10 a corner to fit

:rotz:

i buy my tires from camskill and take them to my local tire place and they put all 4 on and balance for £10 (this is the wheels off the car though so maybe £20 with them on?) :o