blown turbo

dou91e

well yesterday with my 51k millage wee fabia the turbo went.

looking at around 1.5k for a new one fitted from skoda or around 900-1k for a recon one with a 1year garintee.

the last 2+ ears i have no probs with the car but now when i get it fixed i will prob be looking to get rid and change to something else :(

now just to start looking at my options cause i will get around 4-4.5k as a trade in for mine and i really dont want to go into big money for a different car.

so thought.........do i keep for 1 more year then change before the warinty of the new turbo runs out or change stright away.

or do i just keep it and hope the worry that it wont go again i will have goes away lol

The VRS is a difficult car to replace without spending silly money, if you want similar performance, not to mention the economy. So the turbo blew, so what, get a new one and carry on regardless. A mate of mine has a performance Merc and it just cost him 3.5K for a service. :rofl:

Another one bites the dust....Yikes.

Is your car still in warranty? If not then give Turbo Dynamics a call, just ordered myself a replacement Garrett unit for my car; £615+Vat, and thats for a brand spankers unit too. Get yourself to an Indie and get them to fit you one, that way you will have the job done for what a recon turbo alone would cost you from the stealers.

All the best in getting it sorted!

Is it worth having the extended warranty just in case the turbo goes - in case subsequent damage can occur elsewhere in the engine when this happens or is this only a fluke event ?

Just wondered what the odds of engine damage on getting the turbo fail are (assuming the car is stopped asap). In order to determine if extended warranty is really worthwhile

well i got it into a indy garage and hes getting me a original part from euro parts for £600 and fitting it for £200 so not bad

skoda told me the turbo on my car was a borg warner type turbo? and a new one was £1250 + fitting on top so well pleased.

i was going to go for a hybrid and go POWER but i like the furball as standand cause swmbo just passed her driving test and wants to drive it lol.

i will prob see what its worth and have a looksy about to see whats on the market then keep it for 1-2 more years

im getting the car back on monday and will looking out next year for a octy vrs to take its place

by that time swmbo will have 1 years driving experiance and i will be able to get into a higher grouped car again without it becoming really expensive.

so next year i will a furball for sale

well i let the garage do all the leg work with mine

it cost me £1000 inc fitting and the wee bobby dazler pulls like a train now

its a lot better than the 1.6 derv focus i was driving while it was in the shop although it was good of my dad to let me borrow his car lol