Cheese

Makefish

Pineapple and cheese sticks.......job done.

No need to thank my. :D

Classy :) but what cheese will he put on the stick? and what tyres work best on a Fabia vRS if I am driving with 1 side of the car in a muddy rut and the other on tarmac....... This could be one of the more useful brisky threads :)

I second the recommendation for Epoisses. Runny, smelly, but delicious, and far more interesting than a brie or camembert.

For blue - a good Stilton or Rocquefort. Blue Wensleydale is an excellent and interesting alternative.

And a good Cheddar - Montgomery's is ace if you can get it.

Steve..have you got a Waitrose close ish to you? go to the deli counter and ask for a cheeseboard to be made up....they will suggest various cheeses (which you can try :D) that will make up a cheeseboard with a varied spread of tastes and textures and even suggest various accompiaments to go with them....it saves an awful lot of time hunting down things....some of my favourites are cave aged gruyere, a very good Cheddar, wenslydale, some stilton maybe and as already said some sheeps cheese (I'm not a fan of goats cheese) they normally say to have a maximum of five cheeses ....give it a try.... last one we had was fantastic :thumbup:

for something different try Berthaut's Epoisses a very runny cheese but it tastes good.

Have a look at the cheese on the site ...just select dairy from the top menu and cheese from the side menu ...92 of them!

https://www.waitrosedeliver.com/wdeliver/servlet/JSPs/shop/shopping_fs.jsp?siteCode=WD

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only cheese counter where I've been told, " I think you've got enough, sir". I am a cheese addict, by the way.

The old rule used to be 1 soft, 1 hard, 1 blue, but You can do what you fancy, really. Include some grapes, celery and walnuts, and pickled walnuts if you like them. Waitrose also do a fantastic apple and walnut chutney that's made to go with a good cheddar.

Phil

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only cheese counter where I've been told, " I think you've got enough, sir". I am a cheese addict, by the way.

The old rule used to be 1 soft, 1 hard, 1 blue, but You can do what you fancy, really. Include some grapes, celery and walnuts, and pickled walnuts if you like them. Waitrose also do a fantastic apple and walnut chutney that's made to go with a good cheddar.

Phil

You'd never notice I like cheese as well ......would you :rofl:

I like strong cheeses; you'll know the ones that are too strong for me because they'll be walking out the shop by themselves when you're going in! ;)

Seriously, I'd just ask for a "mixed platter" and a note of what I was buying.

I was about to suggest what Jason said about cider farms. Those cheeses were awesome! How about visiting a farm shop to see what they've got? You can sometimes find some interesting ones in these little shops and you must have one near you.

Waitrose do have some very good cheeses.

I'd suggest aged manchego, served with quince jelly (the tiptree one in a jar is nice) and crackers (I particularly like the wholemeal hovis ones).

Also a suggestion for:

- medium firm goats cheese

- applewood smoked chedder,

- doux de montagne

If you like smelly cheeses

- Blue wensleydale

- Camembert

- Some weird swiss cheese, I forget the name but it's salty and smells earthy but isn't blue.

Add some grapes (black if you can) and also some honey (still runny, but tending towards the set end in terms of colour)