70's colours making a come back?

Rob.

Any one else noticed?

I had a feeling we would when white started returning..

You must have all seen the poster for the e-class with a BROWN car in it? And all the promo pics of the 5 series GT have been in a kinda metaflec beige!

Mark my words.. we'll be getting cars in full on gold again soon like the old Mk2 Granada's used to come in.. and those funny, just off electric blues Vauxhall used to do!

And when this passess? I dunno why, but I get a feeling we'll start seeing more pastel shades again.. Kinda 50's revival! lol!

Gok-rob ;)

Edited by reflex88

Oh God I hope not. Will we be forced to drive them wearing flared trousers, shirt collar the size of two sheets of A4 paper, and a kipper tie :rofl:

Just have to watch an episode of The Sweeney to realise why the 70s look is best avoided at all costs :D

Oh God I hope not. Will we be forced to drive them wearing flared trousers, shirt collar the size of two sheets of A4 paper, and a kipper tie :rofl:

Just have to watch an episode of The Sweeney to realise why the 70s look is best avoided at all costs :D

I hope so, I won't have to buy any new clothes to be fashionable, I'll just nip round to my mums, and empty my old wardrobes.

I was only trying my Starsky and Hutch cardie in the other day, and thinking Hmmmm.....:rofl:

God the 5 series GT is crap. If they had to copy the rear end of any car, why oh why did they have to pick the Merc CLC. :sick:

TBH, it seems the Executive Hatch is back! Maybe that's why the colours are too? After all.. the definitive Execu-hatch was the rover SD1, a 70's classic!

kjasd1_06.jpg

BMW must have kept the rights to this colour when they flogged Rover off!

Yep , there are plenty of retro colours out there now. Fiat have done quite a few for the 500 which really suits them.

Yup, like this one! 50's Pastels after the 70's!

Fiat-500-JTD-2009-W.jpg

And the mini can be had in cream! As well as THIS other 70's classic finish.. how many Mk2 Granada's did ya see in Apple Green? It's BACK!

bmw-at-the-2007-detr-3_460x0w.jpg

Edited by reflex88

and vinyl car roofs too

Takes me back to when i had a beige capri:( it was right **** colour,had a smash in in and had it resprayed red,made a big difference lol:eek:

The Ford Focus RS comes in that awful bright green.

The new Fiesta in citrus yellow and purple.

The new SEAT Ibiza in citrus yellow.

My god Reflex, Your right.

Daytona Yellow anyone?

• 2 months later...

TBH, it seems the Executive Hatch is back! Maybe that's why the colours are too? After all.. the definitive Execu-hatch was the rover SD1, a 70's classic!

kjasd1_06.jpg

BMW must have kept the rights to this colour when they flogged Rover off!

IMHO, coming from the era of BL,formerly BMC,formerly as Austin or Rover,or Morris ,or Wolseley or Riley - I would suggest tgat the colour waschosen as it best matches the next thing to happen to ALL BL /BMC etc - THEY RUST .

And did someone say -"Brown's coming back" - not if the bankers can do anything about it after todays showing by the Chancer of the (B of E) Cheques .Would think he's got as much chance of getting back in as the only other car to beat BL(etc) in the rusting stakes -Fiat ,have of an origonal 500 having a solid panel left in any seaside town -what with salt air and seagulls poops .

Brown looks too much like 5hit for my liking lol

Not if it's done right, the VX Onxy Brown was a nice one, the Skoda one on the Superb is also nice, flat brown is what it is though, turd coloured.

That Electric Blue VX colour mentioned earlier was a nice colour on the Cavalier, if it's the metallic version anyway, I can't remember the name of it now, but it appeared around 1992 on both Cav and Astra models

Edited by Supurbia

Tbh, I'm liking some of these new browns... It's the angles in modern cars that allows them to pull it (and white) off. 90's round cars can't really cope with it.