Show us yer AV/Home cinema setup...

Neo_VR

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No photos yet , but here's the pile of kit that heats up my lounge.

Sony STR-DG820 7.1 receiver

Sony KDL-W4500 40" LCD TV

Humax PVR9200T freeview receiver.

Sony CD player of some kind.

Sony upscaling DVD player of some kind.

PS2 , PS3 and Wii

Acoustic Energy AE120 Floorstanding main speakers

Yamaha centre speakers

Mission 73S rears

REL subwoofer

I don’t think there is room in them :D They are quite small in size, but made of a lot of nice thick wood.:)

And probably a big magnet or two!

Apologies for the poor picture (I hope it works!) but here's my setup in my apartment. Its back in my bedroom now though, needs wiring up!

Clicky

TV: 40" Samsung Series 8

Amp: Onkyo TX-NR906

Blu-Ray: Onkyo DVBD606

DVD Recorder: LG RHT397 (I think?)

Speakers: Kef KHT20005.3

Also connected an Onkyo iPod dock, Sky HD, Sony PS3, Nintendo Wiii.

Apologies for the poor picture (I hope it works!) but here's my setup in my apartment. Its back in my bedroom now though, needs wiring up!

Clicky

TV: 40" Samsung Series 8

Amp: Onkyo TX-NR906

Blu-Ray: Onkyo DVBD606

DVD Recorder: LG RHT397 (I think?)

Speakers: Kef KHT20005.3

Also connected an Onkyo iPod dock, Sky HD, Sony PS3, Nintendo Wiii.

I like the little Kef Egg speakers. They are really punchy. I was also pleasantly surprised by their weight. Good combo for a smaller room:thumbup:

That’s an awfully big amp, you won’t need to turn your radiator on:eek::D

I had pondered those Kefs as well, and being boring and getting a pre-packed speaker setup. Is it the same as this from RS?

KEF KHT2005.3-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Steve

If you fancy them, try Superfi next door (Stockport). I get a lot of my stuff from them and are very easy to haggle with. Plus they will set the whole thing up for you in a demo room without a moments hesitation. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I had a fault with an Onkyo Micro system I bought for my mum (radio presets did hold memory) and several months afterwards, I couldn’t find the receipt, but they said bring it down and swapped it no questions. Even let me change the colour of the model.

Old pic:

4422_118708821110_530281110_3296517_5305480_n.jpg

Sanyo 32" CE32LD81-B

Nad 3020 ('Tis on it's last legs, now not ouputting properly on left channel)

Soundcraft Spirit Folio 10/2

Gale Mini Monitors Mk2

Asda special (£30!!!) surround sound

Xbox 360 with HD DVD drive

PS2

Snes

Megadrive

PC linked to TV via DVI to HDMI

I like the little Kef Egg speakers. They are really punchy. I was also pleasantly surprised by their weight. Good combo for a smaller room:thumbup:

That’s an awfully big amp, you won’t need to turn your radiator on:eek::D

The amp is HUGE! Weighs almost 30kg :rofl: The Kefs are brilliant, I replaced some huge floorstanders and bipolar surround speakers with these and haven't regretted it one bit. If anything, they are VERY clear and the sub integrates pretty well with the satellites too. I found floorstanders to be too much for the room, there wasn't enough space for them to breathe properly.

I had pondered those Kefs as well, and being boring and getting a pre-packed speaker setup. Is it the same as this from RS?

KEF KHT2005.3-SIL at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Steve

Steve they are the same speakers, apart from the finish. Mine are a piano black colour, very glossy, and as a result Kef thought it was a good idea to charge around £200 more for them :rolleyes:

All my hi-fi kit is from Richer Sounds. I found they do great deals when you buy multiple items. The Onkyo receiver retailed at over 1k, and I got it for less than their sale price with the Supercare warranty :thumbup: Same goes for the tv, I paid under RRP and they threw in the 5 years guarantee too. It was a week old display model though.

Cool. Thanks guys. I'll try Superfi next door, certainly - not been in before put peered in the window! Have ordered online from them in the past (headphones). I do always find it amusing in the whole of Stockport they've ended up next to RS! No wonder you're able to haggle with them! ;)

Cool. Thanks guys. I'll try Superfi next door, certainly - not been in before put peered in the window! Have ordered online from them in the past (headphones). I do always find it amusing in the whole of Stockport they've ended up next to RS! No wonder you're able to haggle with them! ;)

If you mention a tall Geordie (slimish) Sound woman, they might give you a deal ;) there again they might show you the door.

Seriously though, I have spent thousands there and they have always bent of backwards to let me demo stuff. They have even got 'opened box' kit in for me to demo and are very pleasant even if i then say no thanks. They should price match too

Soundcraft Spirit Folio, now there is a great standard. I take it that your unsername is a clue as to why you have this?

Sort of. I did a bit of djing in school, and got given the name by a drunken friend. The mixing desk came later, once I got interested in recording and editing music. Goes lovely with my Red Audio RV6!

Sort of. I did a bit of djing in school, and got given the name by a drunken friend. The mixing desk came later, once I got interested in recording and editing music. Goes lovely with my Red Audio RV6!

Large diaphragm mics are tops :thumbup:

Rodes do some very nice mics for a reasonable price too.

I know i've had this info up in my own thread but our's goes a little something like this............

Panasonic TH42-PZ80B 42" full HD plasma

Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD (Still with standard HDD for now!!!)

Sony BDP-S350 BluRay player (With Sandisk cruzer 2gb memory stick & permanently connected to router via cat5)

Yamaha RX-V657 DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 Amp

XBOX 360

Nintendo Wii

Ipod dock & Apple 8gb ipod nano 3G

Mordaunt Short Alumni5 centre

Mordaunt Short Alumni2 fronts & rears

Mordaunt Short Alumni9 Sub

Multi-colour LED lighting strips fitted to rear of plasma

And some pics..... Yes i know the Xbox & ipod dock change colour, I resprayed them satin black so they fitted in more. ;)

P1010209.jpg

AV1.jpg

AV4.jpg

AV7.jpg

And some of the LED's......

P1010848.jpg

P1010849.jpg

P1010850.jpg

P1010851.jpg

P1010852.jpg

P1010853.jpg

P1010854.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey
Corrected spec details

Hey Dave - Like the lighting behind your TV how did you do that as I paid a fortune for our Philips that has ambilight and thought it was only philips that did the lighting, otherwise i would of got another tv (we only bought ours for the lighting)

Here is ours at a £1800 price tag :rotz:

Ambilight2.jpg

Ambilight1.jpg

Next thing is finding something comfy to sit on to watch it...:D

NAKERD_SETEE_3.jpg

Sod the sofa for now i said to the mrs the TV is more inportant lol

Hey up Justin,

I fitted LED lighting strips to the back of the plasma. They were from Ikea and cost around £30-odd for a set of four. They can be set to be on one colour, Seven colours straight change, or seven colours gentle change. I just got some double sided sticky pads to hold them in place on the back of the plasma, (two along the top and one down each side).

This is how it looks from the back....

P1010863.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey