What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

I wouldn't replace anything with a Passat. Dull as ditchwater unfortunately. Far better offerings from the VAG group available :)

Depends just how tinkered with it is

:evil:

However its the Passat that will be bowing out after many a year faithful service. I'm still gob-smacked she's tempted by a 1200 Rapid though

Aside from the awful number plate font, those look good :)

So you didn't remove the bumper to fit them then? There's nice guide marks on the inside of the bumper, which makes it easier.

Aside from the awful number plate font, those look good :)

So you didn't remove the bumper to fit them then? There's nice guide marks on the inside of the bumper, which makes it easier.

Thanks Yes I no it's carp they sent me the wrong type but could not be bothered with the hassle of sending them back I'll just order some new ones .

No need to remove the bumper there is stacks of room behind it all done and working in 45 min.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Also the issue of getting pulled for the plate, but that's a different matter entirely!

Just in terms of fitting and getting them correctly positioned and lined up. Think all the other retrofits I've seen have been bumper off.

Ya I'll get a new set on order now as like you say not worth the hassle and fine.

I just used my laser level and measured equal gaps don't see any need for removing the bumper just unnecessary work.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately after 119,000 miles my 59 plate Octavia vRS TDI went back to the Lease company today - I've done all these happy miles in the last 4 years of owning the car and absolutely loved it.

Have taken delivery of my new company Passat- ouch!

In 4 years the only thing that went wrong with the vRS was the Turbo (told it was the clever part on top of the Turbo  - I'm no techy - just know that safety mode clicked in and spoilt all my fun!).

Have taken a look at new vRS to make myself feel even worse - have to say compared to my 59 plate they do seem to have lightened the weight of the doors - thinner/presume lightned the car also however and the seats are no comparison in-terms of quality - shame. Hopefully one-day I'll have another vRS but to all you out there with yours Enjoy- Its a fantastic car 

Hopefully they'll clear the dead spot :)

Did nearly an hour on full beam on Sunday and didn't spot anything on mine - was a bit tricky taking a photo for you though, coming south on the A7 through the Borders ;)

Hopefully they'll clear the dead spot :)

Did nearly an hour on full beam on Sunday and didn't spot anything on mine - was a bit tricky taking a photo for you though, coming south on the A7 through the Borders ;)

Cheers mate and not to worry. if it is still bugging me I may pop over when I'm up north at Christmas and say hello. I should probably check my video footage to see if it shows up on that so you know what I mean, but like you say fingers crossed these bulbs sort it out

Of course there is the question of why you'd need an open cone air intake on a diesel... unless it's highly modified.

theres always that lol its just temp bough the car the other day and the panel filter is shaffed as you can tell, had the cone filter in my golf so stuck it on till a can be arsed to get off me arse and get a new one :-)

Been thinking (again) about changing it for something from Munich but then drove to Huddersfield and back and I really like my piece of 6 year old turbo charged Czech junk. So spending more money on it and going to take all my cleaning stuff and tools through to my parents tomorrow so I can borrow their driveway and get some fiddling done ;)

Build thread soon. Promise.