What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Had it dipped for agri diesel (not by choice) by a nice chap from the customs and excise dept at a checkpoint on my way to work..

Topaz ireland wouldve been getting a very strongly worded letter if theyd found anything hinky in my tank!!!

Edited by mac11irl

Got a set of these in each of the Octys. Really bright, and very OEM look too. Hopefully they will last longer than LED bulbs in the standard holders. I can confirm that neither car has any bulb error warning with them.

Mike

They look great Mike, do you have a link please? 

Will need to see them in the flesh I think - pretty difficult thing to photograph accurately. As quite a few I've seen appear too bright for their purpose, and you get over illumination, especially as the light bounces off the plate surface.

What I particularly want to avoid is that they look 'aftermarket'. 

Spent most of yesterday removing all the interior door panels and seats from my old 4x4-Tdi Octavia. The old light grey interior has always looked a real state and I have never been happy with it but there where very few available 3 years ago so I had to put up with it.

The up side of this involved me replacing said boring interior with a full Vrs set. I have now got door card removal and refitting down to an art and managed to refit without needing any additional door panel clips. The seats are immaculate and all bar the drivers door card top are just as clean (elbow rub has damaged the vinyl as per most Octavia's) and I also swapped out the lower dash and glove box to irradicate all traces of grey blandness.

In really happy with the new interior (even wifey has commented on how the car looks so much more presentable) but have to cut/splice the airbag connections as the Vrs seats have a totally incompatible plug connection to my loom so this is the next job over the next few days.

Took the Superb in to Autohaus Dolby to have the cambelt and water pump done.... Excellent service as ever and over £100 less than the dealer quote too.

Fitted the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited main beam bulbs and Osram Cool Blue Intense side light bulbs that arrived today.

I have removed the LED sidelights that had been in for the last year or so as I'd noticed that the very top of the reflector above the sidelight bulb had started to cloud over ever so slightly since having the LEDs in there.

What I did to mine today was.........................

...........well, I stopped owning it, and with that, find myself Skoda-less.