What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Took it for the MOT which it passed.  Then when I came away it told me there are 19 days until it needs a service!  How come when I bought it in February this year the garage said they had serviced it before I took it and it has only done 4000 miles?  Of course I should not have taken their word for it and checked the service book which I didn't.  Had a look today and find I don't have a service book.

Visit to the dealer tomorrow for me.

• Administrators

Redone bump strips with heat gun and bumper gel. Doubt it will last long as it's just going white now.... So will Plastidip them at a later date. Brand new updated badges front and rear, cleaned engine bay and a general wash. Pretty pointless near me as the next day it was covered in dust again.

Took it for the MOT which it passed.  Then when I came away it told me there are 19 days until it needs a service!  How come when I bought it in February this year the garage said they had serviced it before I took it and it has only done 4000 miles?  Of course I should not have taken their word for it and checked the service book which I didn't.  Had a look today and find I don't have a service book.

Visit to the dealer tomorrow for me.

It may have had a service but just not had the computer updated. New cars don't come with service books any more so you'll have to get them to look on the system. Or it could be like mine and my dads cars where the dealers are a set of lying b******s and sell cars "as seen" without servicing then you can complain. But I'd probably just get in touch with SUK first to get them to check the system and see, then tell them that the dealer is useless and hasn't set the computer.

• Like 1

Just rang Westgate Skoda in Grimsby and apparently my car should have a service book.  They will send me a duplicate and the car was serviced (not by them) on the 12th September last year.  Of course the salesman who told me it had been serviced by them has left!  Vicky on Service Reception offered to do the service and a brake fluid change for half price.  So I suppose that is better than nothing as it is only my word against a salesman no longer employed by them.

Put new ignition switch in it -- now I can actually start it with the key, rather than just using the key to unlock the steering, then hotwiring it :x  -- and fitted the replacement nearside mirror; which I've been meaning to do for a month or two now.

Now I can actually take it to get the tracking done; because my rough job of it makes it interesting to drive. It's improved the turning circle, though! :D

Spent 30 minutes drillingout the seized and rounded spline bolts to let rip ou the dead door lock finally... then realised id left the new lock at work in a box of gear in the van. Quick whip up theroad and back in the citigo and i now have full central locking again! Just have reconnect the outer door cable, make a new door membrane and then put the door card back in. Thats for tomorrow morning..

Worked out the real world Mpg for the first time in the Fabia HTP 70.

507 miles from fuel light to fuel light.

Computer reckoned 47.7MPG, and after working it out off the receipt, its actually done 47.73mpg.

So not bad for a little petro, especially considering ive not been driving economically reallyl! Oh and an airport run with 4 adults and all the luggage.

And nice to know the cars computer is spot on.

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Added the new mudflaps. And bought a torx screw set from Halfords in the process [emoji15]

Topped up screenwash and reinstalled the dog guard and first aid kit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by MattHunt

Following 2 trips to diy shop for fresh silicone (first was cured in the f'ing tube when i got home and cut the top open???) Made a new door membrane from some heavy gauge clear plastic damp course i had in the shed. Siliconed it all round to the door let it cure for a while, then got the door card all reassmbled :) so finally after 8months 5 of which were permanent locked, a pain in my arse from sitting down drilling bolts outand a trip to the office... i have a fully functioning remote central locking system again :thumbup: and a full set of fully assembled doors....

masked up and used black silicone as per a thread i read on here to 'hopefully' stop the wind noise from my rear quarter windows. Got a few hours until i drive home to find out if it's been sucessful, looks like a neat enough job so that's half the battle :-)