What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Ouch that's worse than mine!

Can't tell from the picture but the rear wing is heavily dented / damaged ao not going to be a small repair. New bumper as well probably.

Waiting for body shop to contact me.

Well I didn't do it. Parked for just over 10 mins on a wide straight road outside my daughter's school. They drove off.

12031444_10153524202230977_1029231211151

I am very angry.

What an utter focker!!!

Cant see in the pic, the wing pi ched right on the wheel arch lip too? Or is it (hopefully) just a shadow throwing my line.

What an utter focker!!!

Cant see in the pic, the wing pi ched right on the wheel arch lip too? Or is it (hopefully) just a shadow throwing my line.

The wing is pushed in. I had to pull it out as the arch liner was wedged against the tyre.

The bodyshop reckon they can repair the wing.

Bumper only has paint damage, light is okay, vent needs a bit of tiger seal to re-attach, arch liner has pulled away near one of the screws but it otherwise okay. So it could have been worse.

12022534_10153524202280977_6310611391567

11237216_10153524202130977_3304322055090

12010760_10153524202455977_8043799817059

Insured it for another year with Chris Knott and bought it this:

4500635.jpg

Next job after washing the car tomorrow afternoon is to change the wheels. I'll be putting the Trinitys back on to wear them down a little before Snetterton then they'll be used on track, then taken off and swapped for the VRS wheels to be used as winters then in summer I'll see about getting some new tyres on the Trinitys because the trackday will have worn them out and then use them as summers. Well, that's the plan anyway. Trinitys as summers, VRS wheels as winters and standard steelies as spares. Or maybe even as a second set of winters because they do have a lot of tread left on them. Oh choices choices choices...

• Like 1

Today I gave it a wash, and tested my new toy out on it. Changed all the wheels over. Put the summer wheels on so I get some use out of the tyres before I wear them out at Snetterton. With the new impact wrench it was a doddle.

And I did this:

Thanks to Jay Mitchell for the link to the springs!

• Like 1

It always amazes me why the dealers don't keep easily breakable, small and cheap parts like this in stock! To individually pick one or two items out and ship them to individual dealers must cost a fortune when compared to the price of the part itself.

Mike

Thankfully they had stock so I have it reserved ready for my wife to pick up tomorrow :D

Cleaned the wheels...first time. The Topaz Brown hides dirt rather well so body can wait a couple of days. Also finally figured out how to get the Bolero to play picture slideshows. Process was.......read manual. Read manual again, and understand the words. Load jpgs onto a USB stick, plug stick into USB port and follow the instructions. Brilliant. Obviously won't be using it whilst driving but it will give SWMBO a smile when she gets back from parts colonial.

Got grumpy with both of them.

Matilda ( Octy) failed her MOT. I was fairly certain her n/s shock absorber would fail but she failed her emissions test too.

Milly (Fabia) has a slow puncture and after 18 months the alloy will just not come off. I have wiggled it, walloped it, loosened the nuts and rolled it forward and apart from starting to come off the widow maker twice, kitten all has moved.

Not kittening happy. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cannibalised a passat climatronic unit for the lcd display and fitted it to my superb so I have a functioning display but still the green back lighting so very happy fix for a tenner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Cavanmick