DV for vRS

a bit random but do you no what the best dump valves are for octavia vrs or do u no who does .. thanks....

Try the search function at the top of the page next time, or google!

This is the most popular one:

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

FYI it's a Diverter Valve (DV). Dump valves don't work on closed circuit systems used by VAG.

a bit random but do you no what the best dump valves are for octavia vrs or do u no who does .. thanks....

I have a Forge 007P on mine with the std green spring and it works very well :thumbup:

Its good because you can strip it, clean it and repair it if you need to, or experement with different strengh springs....all parts available from awesome.

TBH the std DV is'nt that bad, when I got my 007P I made up a test rig to test both at the same time and the std (used) DV was just as good as the new 007P.

PS. one down side to the 007P is I had to cut a hole in the plastic engine cover because it was fowling on the boost/vaccum pipe which goes onto the top of the DV (I can post a picture if it helps).

I have a Forge 007P(a) on mine.

This is the updated version of the 007P, so the vacuum hose connects on the side instead of in the middle of the top.

It is fully adjustable too so does not rub on the bottom of the engine cover! :)

I recommend this to anyone who is experiencing the hose rubbing on the bottom of the engine cover as it eliminates this problem. :cool:

Heres a link to where i purchased my Forge 007P(a) from:-

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/divertervalves.htm

Edited by N 5 0 VRS
Added Link!

the 007P (a) is a better design and does allow for fitting with the cover.

You can always carefully trim back the lip on the cover to allow for the 007 to fit properly i you do want to keep the cover.

I've had the 007p on mine for a couple fo months now and it fits and works great. Don't be tempted by atmospheric DV as a friend of mine did on his 1.8T vag and he is now very much regretting it, caused him all sorts of grief.

Forge 007p, splitR (its half half so you get some atmospheric sound) or the Bailey DV 30 iirc

those are the most used ones mate. Id say either the 007p or the Bailey as they are basically better versions of the std one and they are cheaper than the SplitR.

billy