Fuel consumption on VRS Mk1

G Unit

Hi

Can any body help that has their mk1 VRS remapped? I have had it done & getting about 320-350 miles to a tank not really thrashing it but has had a remap done by R-tech to take it to 210bhp.

Is this the normal amount of miles I can expect?

Thanks

G Unit:confused:

I think I've got 400 before (from memory) but average is 300ish unmapped. Although on a steady 80ish trip to south wales I managed 350/360 before the light came on. The trip comp says 32mpg average over the past 3200 miles which seems about right. That's been a mix of driving hard and driving for economy.

Side topic:

Why less MPG in winter? I'd have thought the lower air temp would improve matters?

ip

The lower the air temperature is the denser the air is, so the more air can be squeezed into the cylinders and the ECU puts in more fuel consequently. This means you get a better combustion in the cylinders so performance improves slightly but then the mpg also drops a bit :(

The lower the air temperature is the denser the air is, so the more air can be squeezed into the cylinders and the ECU puts in more fuel consequently. This means you get a better combustion in the cylinders so performance improves slightly but then the mpg also drops a bit :(

Plus more load on the electrics and the colder components which create a little more drag (well until their warm)

Hi

Can any body help that has their mk1 VRS remapped? I have had it done & getting about 320-350 miles to a tank not really thrashing it but has had a remap done by R-tech to take it to 210bhp.

Is this the normal amount of miles I can expect?

Thanks

G Unit:confused:

Bearing in mind you probably have another 5ish litres left in the bottom of the tank, that's a good figure. 30-32mpg I expect. You can just do some sums and figure it out for yourself.

55litres will take you 420miles at 35mpg, and 360miles at 30mpg. Obviously it's impossible to use 55litres in one hit though, because you'd run out of fuel the whole time! So take a guess at 50litres typical. In which case 50litres takes you 385miles at 35mpg, and 330miles at 30mpg.

I'm always happy to see anything over 300miles personally, not that I normally care too much! Give it some welly!

49.9mpg :eek: that's pretty spectacular!

If you have recently zeroed the (2) Mpg and then drive it like a granny you can get some pretty high averages for a while until they settle down.

I think the best I've managed is 40mpg a couple of times on motorway journeys to Wales or France sitting at just under 70 in lane 1 :thumbup:

My vrs has been custom remapped and if I use 7psi boost max, I can get just over 40mpg on my 10 mile commute which includes 8 roundabouts and 3 "T" junctions.

Before the remap and other mods, I was getting 39mpg on the same route.

But dont get a remap to save fuel....it does'nt work, if I use full boost (and its very tempting :D) mine can see off a tank of V power in just over 200 miles :eek: