Is Schumacher Returning to F1 in a Mercedes/Brawn?!!!

Lady Elanore

It seems this topic just wont die as Mercedes continue to court Schuey. They still refuse to deny that he will drive for them. Finger crossed, as he recently stuffed Massa in a major carting event, made the finals of the Race of Champions (beating Vettel on the way) and proved in testing he is faster than Raikonen.

Come on Schuey, you know it’s worth one last stab at it.

Give him a place in a **** team, with a terrible car and see if he can still do it - would be entertaining!

:D

Not sure what this would prove; give him a seat at, say, Farce India ;) and you'd expect him to blow the newbie away. OTOH if he had a seat with a competitive team and you had some expectation that he'd be challenging for podia at least at some tracks that would show if he could still do it (look at the RoC and ignore Travis Pastrami or whatever his name is [the Septic X-Games guy]).

Edited by KenONeill

If Schuey went to Brawn/Mercedes and won a Championship, I think we must Knight Ross Brawn, or make him Emperor or something. I am at the Sports Personality of the year Awards over the weekend, so I will suggest it to the powers that be.

Most of the field will hand him his ass on a plate.

That’s why he won the recent Karting event that Massa finished 3rd in and made the finals of the RoC having showed Vettle who was the daddy when raced head to head with him.

• Like 1

But these guys know all the circuits, and their cars (for those with the same teams).

He hasnt driven this years car spec at all. Vettel, Webber, Hamilton and Massa will all be on top form next season knowing the team, car and circuits well.

Same equipment, same tracks and Schuey still showed he is still the best pound for pound driver from the F1 world……….again.

Mansell managed to win the F1 Championship as an elder statesman, so the fitter, better driver that Schuey is, might prove decisive and give us the upset of the millennium. Sadly Ferrari are making it difficult for him to join the rival road car manufacturer :(

• Like 1

But these guys know all the circuits, and their cars (for those with the same teams).

He hasnt driven this years car spec at all. Vettel, Webber, Hamilton and Massa will all be on top form next season knowing the team, car and circuits well.

Other than people who've never driven in an F1 race since before Schumi retired, just who has driven a 2010 spec F1 car then?

• Like 1

I think we know which side of the fence some fo us sit on regarding Schuey’s return, but anyone else want to give an opinion? I think it is looking more and more likely that he will return and I hope for the sport he does. I wouldn’t normally say this in most sports (just look at Boxers with their ‘coming out of retirement’ fights :( ), but I think Schuey is a truly exceptional talent and with his uber professional approach to the sport (he seemed to bring F1 fitness up to the very high level it enjoys these days, for a start……….yes I know he wasn’t the first to do a spot of training, but he is and was, extremely fit) I think he might shake up the leaders if his car is competitive. Lord help the others if he is put in the fastest car on the grid!!!emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I have been pouring over JB's Brawn today (I'm at Sheffield for the Sports personality of the year show) and you forget how small and narrow these car are compared to the old versions. Funnily enough in isolation, it looks really small too.

IMAG0213.jpg

i agree. i was never his biggest fan but there is something about him coming back that has me very schoolboy excited :happy: i guess it's just a chance to see him up against the young guns and see where his speed relates, can't wait!

Mark

It will be fantastic if this happens, i'm with Lady Elanore, he has something that others do not........ My only disappoint is that if/when he comes back, it won't be in a Ferrari........ But it will still be a joy to watch.......

Bring back Briatore, have Shumacher drive for him. They deserve each other.

One thing we know about him, he can park a car at Monaco.

Perhaps he could give Jenson a few pointers :D

I am so pleased he is coming back, I just hope he has a competitive car.